Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This role will support the Coverage Team for Financial Sponsors and related product teams as appropriate, including Structured Financing and Solutions Sales, with a view to achieving high quality revenue growth and product cross sell from this client base across Bank and Securities in order to deliver on one of the key pillars of the EMEA FI Strategy. This role will also support the Coverage Team with daily interaction with internal product offices, risk, compliance and legal departments as well as involvement in documentation review, preparation and processing work. There will also be opportunities to work on origination and execution of a broad range of transactions including equity margin loans, senior secured fund financings and structured repos.
- Providing transaction and marketing support in connection with the delivery of corporate and investment products provided by MUFG to meet pre-identified and new customer needs.
- Close involvement in transaction reporting for marketing and credit monitoring purposes and to prepare timely memoranda for senior management in connection with major transactions or credit problems.
- Close involvement in the preparation and submission of credit applications from a business promotion point of view and to be responsible for all linked processes including liquidity applications, compliance documentation/KYC and overall quality control.
- A key role in the support and the preparation of internal Deal Screening materials with a focus on the MUFG business case and returns.
- Diligently update client records on MUFG Bank’s systems and liaise with middle and back office to ensure this is done.
- Preparing marketing materials in conjunction with Product Offices for pitch books at customer meetings.
- Attending client meetings, preparing call reports and assisting with all follow up.
- Supporting the Coverage Team with Account Planning for the designated customer base to ensure that cross sell is effectively monitored and achieved.
- Supporting the Coverage Team in liaising with other regional product and coverage teams as appropriate.
- Assisting with general projects as they may arise and as may be directed by team heads/senior management.
- Previous experience in a corporate banking marketing or credit environment would be highly beneficial.
- Previous experience even in at least one of Project Finance, Leveraged Finance and Securitization would be highly recommended
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level of education (accounting, business, economics or legal qualification would be beneficial).
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work constructively in a team
- A passion for client interaction
- Technical skills, and a basic understanding of securitization modelling, tranching and cash waterfall would be beneficial
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.