Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Loan Participations are part of the Transaction Processing Unit, within the Operations Division for EMEA. Transaction Processing provides efficient and accurate processing, ranging from single-touch, single entry to multi-touch, complex transaction processing
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Loan Participation team is responsible for managing BTMU’s operational obligations as lender across a portfolio of Syndicated and Bilateral Loans, and for managing events on each Facility in accordance with Facility Agreements, internal rules and Market Practice.
In this role, you will be responsible for loans across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
The Loan Participations Analyst working under the guidance of Line Management will input and verify daily work to ensure completion of daily obligations including accurate booking of Loans, Fees, Bank income, Guarantees, Commitments, Risk and Sub Participation and escalating to Line Management as may be required.
The team must deal with scheduled and unscheduled events, issues and queries, these must be dealt with quickly and efficiently, and these must be administered in accordance with the relevant Facility Agreement and/or procedure.
- Previous experience of working in a manual operations environment.
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment under time pressure whilst retaining strong attention to detail.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Completion of daily obligations in accordance with Facility Agreements, Head Office rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for the accurate input of work, and verification of transactions.
- Proactively manage events related to portfolio of Facilities, including fee and loan related claims, calculations, advices, rate-fixing, and settlements.
- Provide assistance, as requested, to line management in the control of daily work flows to ensure timely completion of daily obligations.
- Escalation to Line Management of any issues that may affect a particular facility or event.
- Ability to locate and use simple clauses in the Facility Agreement to determine appropriate actions
- Provide general support to facilitate the implementation of projects as and when necessary
- Communicate and negotiate with a variety of Stakeholders, including Front Office, Lenders and Borrowers in order to administer events on a portfolio of loans.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
Education / Qualifications:
- Previous experience of Loan Operations an advantage
- Strong computer literacy skills, Microsoft office etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment
- Strong numerical skills
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
MANAGING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.