Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Support the development and delivery the Operational Resilience team framework (including Business Continuity and Crisis Management) activities within the wider Operational Resilience processes. Support in its delivery in the EMEA region in line with regulatory requirements to support the achievement of MUFG’s strategic objectives.
- Participate in the business-as-usual (BAU) Operational Resilience (ORe) activities and ensure staff are sufficiently trained and resource allocation in sufficient to fulfil the mandates as set by MUFG.
- Contribute to the team’s performance, ensuring compliance with the organisations governance policies and procedures
- As a team member, be clear on what is expected and how to performing against KPI’s.
- Support the design, planning and implementation of the overall ORe framework across EHQ (and within the EMEA region) to a level expected by our local regulators and at a level in line with our peers, including the update of relevant procedures and policies.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the medium to long term objectives/actions within the ORe framework.
- Co-ordinate the annual and ad-hoc ORe testing with all divisions, EMEA offices and Head Office.
- Work with peers from the Ops Res Team to provide a robust 1st line challenge to ensure the wider effective identification and management of ORe weaknesses within the divisions and the EMEA offices.
- Undertake ad-hoc task to support for ORe related meetings and forums.
- Review effectiveness of the regions ORe reporting arrangements, and identify/escalate appropriate actions to improve the overall reporting for the function.
- Build close and continuous relationships with key individuals within the First, Second and Third Lines, and ensure their ORe weaknesses and concerns are addressed proactively.
- Work with Ops Res peers to ensure Operation Resilience Training is up to date and relevant.
- Provide support for Operational Resilience related projects as may be determined by the line management.
- Support the collaboration with Securities BCP team to deliver initiatives, develop a joint framework and align methodologies and policies to unite our approach to operational resilience governance moving forward.
- Provide support for risk related projects as may be defined by line management.
- Support the single Head of Operations for EMEA and COO in implementing the new integrated structure for the Bank and Securities Business.
Regulatory compliance, affairs and change:
- Comply with, and ensure that under your responsibility (where applicable) you comply with, the entities’ policies and procedures as well as all rules, laws and regulatory requirements emanating from any of the regulatory authorities to which the entities are subject.
- Remain up to date with regulatory changes; ensure that changes are well understood and plans are developed for implementation as appropriate.
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entities performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
MANAGING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- You will have responsibilities for both the Bank and the Securities Business.
- You will be required to perform your duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- You are required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of the Bank and the Securities Business.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between the Bank and the Securities Business and any other relevant agreements entered into between the Bank and the Securities Business.
- You have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between the Bank and the Securities Business, escalating to your manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.