Analyst, Passive Strategies
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
The Passive Funds Research team seeks an Analyst to conduct detailed analysis of ETFs, other exchange-traded products and traditional index funds. This research is intended to help individual and professional investors better employ these investments in a portfolio. This position will be based in our London office.
The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
- Evaluate the investment merits of passively-managed products and author research reports.
- Analyze the construction of these products, role in a portfolio, and fees.
- Create content that surfaces investment ideas, such as industry developments and portfolio construction insights.
- Contribute to in-depth industry studies
- Collaborate with the data team to help identify areas of improvement
- Passion for investing.
- Strong communication, writing and time management skills.
- Three years of relevant work experience in an investment research setting.
- Fluency in the core tenets of our investment philosophy and modern portfolio theory.
- Broad-based investment knowledge is needed, as is a readiness and ability to apply our stock and mutual fund research when analyzing exchange-traded products and other index-tracking products.
- Quantitative skills are a plus.
- European language skills are a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a CFA designation or MBA is preferred
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer