We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of Department/Section
Currently there is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on experienced individual with detailed knowledge of the funcions associated with trade processing support. This role will support Fixed Income & Equity products traded in London with settlement in the APAC region.
Main Purpose of the role
Ensuring accurate and timely monitoring and settlement of all Fixed Income and Equity transactions in the Euroclear and the Domestic Market space. Products include, Corporates, Government Bonds, Repo, SBL, Cash Equity and Convertibles.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Settlement Pre-Matching across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you. Others responsibilities include:
- Resolving unmatched trades in Fixed Income and Equity products in the primary and secondary markets
- The monitoring and resolution of unmatched trades related to bilateral Triparty Euroclear/Clearstream business.
- Narration / investigation / resolution of cash and security breaks.
- On-borarding of clients, understanding customer SSIs and required to ensure STP in the market.
- Liaise with traders, legal and other support areas and counterparts.
- Support the client business to process requests in a quick and efficient manner.
- Minimisation of operational risk of the group, maintaining control over processes and challenging continuously.
- Ensure desk procedures are kept up to date and improvements are made to improve efficiency.
- Investigation and resolution of reconciliation breaks for all products supported by the Transaction Processing team covering all respective markets
- Processing, Monitoring, reporting and resolution of all market borrow positions including any resulting mandatory recalls
- Identification and process of pair off / partial opportunities with counterparties including the preparation of Payment/receipt instructions
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years financial markets experience predominantly based within top tier firms’ Fixed Income and Equity Settlements environments.
- Detailed knowledge of the mechanics of Euroclear, Clearstream ,LCH and key global domestic markets is essential.
- Understands the requirements linked to Triparty Repo/Security Lending.
- Hi level of experience in the DTC markets
- Hi Level of experience in Stock Borrow/lend business, predominantly in the US market
- Understands the operational risk framework and is acutely aware of the Front Office environment at play and how the team’ function complements it.
- Experience of Euclid and SWIFT, in addition Gloss and Intellimatch experience would be useful.
- Product understanding of Repo, margin/collateral process, Asset Servicing, International Equities
- Excel, Outlook, Word skills.
- Excellent communication skills able to articulate the need for change verbally and in written form.
- Team player, proactive and flexible
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and to meet strict deadlines.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent team player.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding and appreciation of client/trader focus.
- Outgoing, energetic personality, able to command respect and inspire others to raise the bar and follow in their example
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.