Analyst, TMT Finance
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
• TMT Finance is responsible for structuring debt financings (i.e. leveraged buyouts, acquisition finance, refinancing) to private equity sponsors and corporates active in the Telecoms, Media and Technology sectors globally. TMT Finance is part of the Capital Markets Group within Société Générale CIB. The Group is one of the leading European leveraged finance banks, and is consistently well rated in the Leveraged Finance tables.
• Société Générale CIB is a leading investment European investment bank. With nearly 12,000 employees in 34 countries, Société Générale CIB is present in the main financial markets with extensive European coverage and representative offices in Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Marketing / origination – assisting in preparing of pitch documentation
• Execution / Structuring – Financial modelling and credit analysis of potential transactions
• Market knowledge and analysis of the TMT sector.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for:
• Marketing / Origination:
- Work on financing pitches and marketing materials for private equity sponsors and corporates
• Execution / Structuring:
- Analysis of the target company (business, market, strategy, financials, investment merits, risks) for the credit committee memo and information memorandum during the syndication process
- Preparation of the financial model, on the basis of which the financing structure is defined (amount, facility type, tenor, margins, etc). This involves LBO modeling, financial statement analysis, and development of financial projections
- Work closely with a range of internal teams, including capital markets (DCM, ECM, Loan Syndication), M&A, and IFD (interest rates, FX and derivatives)
- Interacting with external parties, such as private equity clients, investment bankers, lawyers, accountants and consultants
• Portfolio management:
- Assist the team with managing the portfolio of borrowers and client
- Work on restructuring/refinancing processes as the case may be
• Previous experience in similar role at another investment bank ideal
• Experience in investment banking, consultancy, or other related field (desirable)
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook)
• Strong interest in the TMT sector
Degree level education
• Fluent English
• Fluency in other European languages (desirable)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.