Analytics Sales Specialist, Oil, SE Europe
JobDescription : Location:
: 10 (for internal purposes only) The Role:
An exciting opportunity for a senior specialist role has opened in the EMEA Analytics Sales team, as a result of internal promotion. The role is part of a high performing team of sales experts across EMEA regions and commodities, delivering double digit YoY growth with an accelerated growth plan for 2020.
Covering Southern Europe, the key responsibilities of the role is retain and grow the analytics business, predominately by cross-selling to existing Platts customers. The successful candidate will be able to identify customer needs, relate how the Platts Analytics offering translates can improve our clients' planning processes and inform their decisions. Analytics sales specialists do this by blending their market knowledge with a diagnostic selling approach.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of where Platts Analytics can add value to client workflows through our arsenal of world Class Analytics insights, wealth of data and access to our team of hundreds of analysts that produces them. The impact:
The role is critical to our transformational vision of a customer-centric organization thriving to deliver value to our clients. Platts Analytics is at the forth front of Platts Strategy; the Analytics Sales Specialist is the conduit of Delivering World Class Analytics and a critical role of a transformational commercial model, deploying cross-sell strategies and diagnostic selling with an aim of improved growth, retention and customer experience. Responsibilities
• Responsible for hitting established regional analytics net sales and retention targets
• Proactively manage the Southern Europe analytics business and interact with sales teams to drive growth and provide forecast visibility.
• Lead by example and coach rest of sales on how to follow a structured sales approach, lead with insight, diagnose needs and offer solutions aligned to customer requirements.
• Conduct and document high levels of meaningful pre and after sales activities and client interactions on salesforce CRM.
• Travel a minimum of 20%, including attendance at key conferences and co-host of regional seminars.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to define and execute on regional strategy
• Maintain and develop a growing pipeline required to meet targets and forecast performance with accuracy.
• Participate in ad -hoc projects to support team objectives and promote the Platts brand
• Demonstrate sufficient Platts product and market knowledge and the ability to present Platts Analytics insights
• Have the ability to understand client workflows and relate how the features of our offering can be solutions to identified client needs. Role requirements
• Collaborative: This is a team selling role in which the Analytics Sales Manager will be partnering with Commercial Managers of SE Europe, working jointly on analytics opportunities.
• Influencing skills are essential not only with customers but also internally, to motivate and engage commercial managers to scope and close analytics opportunities.
• Strategic: in defining and executive a scalable plan leveraging all resources available to maximize sustainable growth of Southern Europe Oil Analytics Sales.
• Solution-selling: be able to scope client needs and relate
• Expert: be able to act as a credible subject matter expert of oil markets is critical to the role success Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years' relevant experience and a proven track record in oil or related commodities markets.
• Commodity or Solution-selling background, with strong knowledge of value analytics for the market is a strong plus.
• Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Proven presentation skills
• Must have strong organizational skills and display time strong management skills
• Strategic and analytical mind set with strong interpersonal skills
• Highly proficient in MS Office and using CRM systems About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com To all recruitment agencies
: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.