- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Aug 18
Anti-Bribery & Corruption Officer, FCC UK # 114747
The Chief Compliance and Regulatory Affairs organization at Credit Suisse strives to become a proactive, independent function that enables business units across the organization to challenge and effectively manage compliance risk. Our new management team is focused on achieving professional excellence by providing state of the art technology, strengthening surveillance and testing processes and by aligning controls to keep risk within appetite. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. Our dynamic environment also means that you have the flexibility to help us define and establish new processes and procedures, start or expand a business and shape our company for the future. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
ABC is a London-based team within the UK Financial Crime Compliance function of the bank. ABC provides specialist advice and analysis in all matters relating to anti-bribery and corruption
The role will assist and support the ABC Coverage Officer in providing specialist advice and analysis in all matters relating to anti-bribery and corruption (ABC). The role will also be working closely with the FCC UK Coverage Teams and the Global ABC team to ensure that consistent advice and analysis of complex ABC issues are appropriately controlled and that the UK is in compliance with global standards.
- Providing advice and guidance to coverage teams on ABC matters referred by the business;
- Dealing with significant complex ABC issues, referred by the FCC Coverage Teams, requiring detailed analysis and/or external legal advice/interaction with regulators etc;
- Proactively advising the FCC UK coverage teams regarding ABC legislation and global requirements;
- Overseeing ABC-related language, reps and warranties in contractual documentation;
- Assisting the Coverage Teams in delivering targeted face to face training on ABC related topics;
- Liaising with Global function to ensure that UK controls and procedures adhere to global framework and to maintain awareness of ABC threats and risks;
- Acting as escalation point for G&E referrals and issues;
- Ensuring by testing and review that the control framework is robust and operating effectively;
- Ad hoc project work as required.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Financial Crime experience in an Investment Banking environment
- Good knowledge of UK and US Bribery laws, (namely the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, , including confidence in interactions with senior levels of management
- Demonstrate the ability to provide timely advice to employees across the business and/or functional lines
- Ability to prioritise work and effectively manage time
- Ability to produce quality results on a timely basis