Anti-bribery and Corruption AVP - Investment Bank
- up to £55K plus attractive package
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Holmes Search
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
Reporting to the Head of Financial Crime, to provide Financial Crime related advice, specifically on Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) and Fraud (including Anti-Money Laundering (AML), units in the first line of defence. Good working knowledge of providing ABC and Fraud advice on Financial Crime issues as well as a thorough understanding of best practice and risk mitigation, and the practical application of this advice in a global context. The requirement of the role will be to support the strategic development of the ABC/Fraud function within the Financial Crime team.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide ABC and Fraud support and advice to business on policy application / interpretation on scenarios with potential ABC/Fraud implications.
- Assist the Head of Financial Crime in ensuring that the Bank’s customers satisfy UK legal and regulatory requirements in relation to financial crime and bank standards through the application of appropriate procedures.
- Act as a subject matter expert on all ABC matters including support to second line ABC risk owner and all ABC Champions,
- Knowledge and experience of day to day issues affecting a financial crime team of a global investment bank; including governance, policy, risk assessment, procedures, operations and reporting, external reporting and feedback into the overall financial crime risk management process.
- Project management capabilities, including delivery and testing effectiveness and embedding of deliverables, specifically in the context of change management and transformation.
Key activities and key competencies
- Provide ABC and Fraud related advice (including other financial crime related matters) and support on a proactive and reactive basis as required, working closely with the business line Compliance teams who support this activity and the Client Lifecycle Management Team.
- Monitor and track Mandatory Time Away (MTA) escalations, exceptions, and breaches within the bank, where necessary.
- Assist with training when required.
- Inform Head Financial Crime of compliance breaches where relevant.
- Any other tasks assigned by the respective line manager.
- Assist in tracking emerging ABC legislation and regulation.
- Act as an escalation point for ABC issues relating to global customers, business partners and/or transactions.
- Assist local representatives and representatives from the authorities and regulator during audits/reviews, etc.
- Provide ABC-related support on collating required information from the business lines with respect to the Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment.
Key Requirements (Work Experience/Formal Education)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of local and international regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of ABC and Fraud legislation.
- Ideally 2 years overall financial industry experience.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels.
- Experience in liaising with regulators would be an asset.