Application Architect - Product Engineering
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 30 Jul 18 2018-07-30
As an Application Architect you will drive great architectural delivery within the Software Engineering community and be accountable for our architecture, people and the sharing of best practices.
At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software.
We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies so that we are able to adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference.
- Work with the Product Owner and Solution Architect to prioritise the teams backlog
- Work with the Solution Architect to shape the products architecture
- Work with Technical leads to ensure the team follows the target architecture
- Own the metrics of the Immune System & drive the governance of technical products
- Have a detailed context of the CtM estate to build products and own the contracts therein
- Own the implementation of the products
- Ensure close, collaborative relationships with agile product teams for rapid decision making & with senior stakeholders.
What will it take to be successful?
- Team first, no ego – be part of a great team united around making an impact.
- CtM operates on a Build it, Run it, Own it approach. This may require you supporting products out of hours during instability or outages.
- Drive excellence in engineering, & help communicate the technical vision
- Actively promote and contribute to our security culture and principles
- Active part of product steering and deciding on the direction of product development
- Able to work across multiple product teams, working with others, & also autonomously
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, good communication and self-motivated
- Experience working with multiple patterns, domains, languages and persistence mechanisms as well as distributed systems
- Advocate of Polyglot development
- Active learner, keeping up to date with developments in your technical and professional area of expertise.
- Structured approach to governance and standards and eager to further technical excellence at CtM
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and have been expanding rapidly since starting in 2006. The tech team is at the heart of comparethemarket.com. Variety is the spice of life and through our cross-functional teams, our developers are encouraged to experience different parts of the business via different projects or products: there are no barriers! So if you’d like to make your mark in an exciting future for comparethemarket.com you’re in the right place.
We grow because we are…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.
Cool stuff for White Collar Factory
Roof Bar with fantastic terrace views, roof Running Track, Monthly Innovation and learning days, great work-life balance, MacBook Pros for all new starters, Pool Table, Table Tennis, Playstation, High End Coffee Machine Regular Free Desk Massage. Regular MeetUps and Social evenings. 300 secure Bike Racks, Showers and Lockers, Free Fruit & Cereal & weekly team breakfasts