Application Architect, Microservices
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
We are looking for an Application Architect to join our services team building micro services in Node.js.
We are a diverse team from all different backgrounds and countries, we like to challenge each other and the way we work and we are always looking to improve. We have regular team days & nights out and pair up and mob on a regular basis.
Everyone in the team has an equal say on how we work, the design of our architecture and the code we write.
At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software.
We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies so that we are able to adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference.
We don’t just think of an architect designing the solution alone; you’ll work very closely with the teams, the product owner and the solution architects to help design and refine the most suitable architecture. Keeping in mind its not just about the technical skills you have; its also the way you work and the culture and practices you bring, we are looking for people who are passionate about good ways of working using Agile/XP practices; so if the below sounds like you we want to hear from you.
- Experience working with high volume transactional systems and hands on prototyping experience are highly desirable
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the business and technical colleagues will need to be second nature for you to get the best out of this role
- Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
- Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, Championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus all spring to mind when thinking about good ways of working
- you will need to be forward thinking, innovative and pragmatic with a healthy curiosity for all things technical.
- You thrive on working in teams, being heard and sharing the passion you have for creating software. You have a passion for building great software with the right tech.
As a ctm application architect, you will:
- be shaping and overseeing delivery of the CTM Technology Roadmap across the entire estate
- have experience in Agile, such as Lean, XP, Scrum and Kanban.
- possess an enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
- work in a collaborative team environment working with the team on their architecture
- be in an environment where you're encouraged to innovate and share your own ideas with monthly personal development
- enjoy career progression that you own and drive
- Champion continuous improvement, identifying waste and helping teams to minimise it
- Understanding of non-functional requirements, quality assurance and continued improvement methods
- You will be creating Proof of Concept applications (using whatever tools best suit the job) and demonstrating their respective merits to gain support for your designs from your peers and colleagues.
- Participate in the technology adoption process, trialling new technologies and techniques, and contribute to how these can aid future solutions
- a core software craftsmanship toolset, including: SOLID, KISS, DRY, YAGNI and Tell-Don't-Ask
Why choose us?
The benefits package and salary are comprehensive; As a part of the BGL group you’ll earn a competitive salary with an annual bonus of up to 10%, 25 days annual leave, private medical cover and a range of benefits that you’d expect from a great employer. Perhaps more importantly in this role you’ll have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
We focus on wellbeing (fresh fruit, discounted gym memberships, virtual GP), flexible benefits ‘to suit you’, unique perks, fab draw, fun days, instant rewards, movie nights, quiz nights and you get to choose your own kit.
Cool stuff for White Collar Factory
Roof Bar with fantastic terrace views, roof Running Track, Monthly Innovation and learning days, great work-life balance, MacBook Pros for all new starters, Pool Table, Table Tennis, Playstation, High End Coffee Machine Regular Free Desk Massage. Regular MeetUps and Social evenings. 300 secure Bike Racks, Showers and Lockers, Free Fruit & Cereal & weekly team breakfasts
To learn more about what it’s like to work at comparethemarket visit https://www.bglgroup.co.uk/comparethemarket/life-at
If you can see yourself succeeding in this role, it would be great to speak to you. The first step is to apply.