Application Support - SQL - Perl - Equities and Derivatives
- Based on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan are looking for an Applications Support Analyst to demonstrate technical and operational expertise to the EMEA Equities businesses of JPMorgan. This role requires working as part of the Execution Services Technology team, which works closely with both Technology and Business partners to ensure the timely analysis and resolution of issues raised on a day to day basis. The Equities businesses deal in a range of activities including algorithmic trading of equities to risk management of complex exotic products, with the help of several integrated applications.
This role is part of the Execution Services Production Management team. The Execution Services technology suite underpins the Equities and FX Electronic Trading businesses, and Sales & Trading businesses. It is complex in nature and requires very strong technical skills to successfully support the proprietary technology. The key success criteria are: day-to-day support of order routing / risk / market data problems, daily application releases, management of crisis events, and compliance with the eTrading Controls agenda and Market Access regulatory requirements.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of production stability for the Front Office / Middle Office applications.
- Support applications for end to end trade lifecycle including algorithmic trading, trade execution and booking, market data, risk management, etc.
- Establish working relationships with other members of the Production Management team within region, other regions and across the wider organization as appropriate.
- Work with Application Development (AD) teams to implement identify fixes to improve stability, reduce operational risk, and reduce manual tasks and ‘touches to production’.
- Help in defining capacity and resiliency requirement metrics and failover/BCP capabilities in partnership with business and AD to improve reliability, stability and capacity management.
- Help monitor and improve monitoring of the trading application suite and proactively fix potential issues.
- Develop strong partnerships and communication channels with the businesses, AD, and other team members.
- Manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners. Ensure detailed Post Mortem reviews with AD partners and log follow up actions in HPSM for Problem Management.
- Engage with project teams through the SDLC of new applications to ensure successful onboarding into Production Management.
- Participate in weekend activities such as disaster recovery testing and application releases.
Technical skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in production support in the financial services industry
- Equities and Derivatives product knowledge
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very strong experience in supporting Sales and Trading, and Risk and Trade management platforms
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and stored procedures (experience with Sybase and Oracle databases)
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX (experience with Linux essential)
- Strong software and business systems design, analysis, development and support skills required
- Strong working knowledge of ITRS monitoring system
- Strong Perl and Shell scripting skills
- Strong knowledge of networking, connectivity and low latency trading
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.