- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 23 Apr 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits (excellent pension)
- Full time
Application Support Analyst
Production Support Analyst with experience supporting Microsoft Applications and Webservers. You will ideally be Salesforce Certified (although not essential) and be the front-line support to customer services and marketing globally.
The team currently is a highly focussed technical and compact unit recently formed to own, support and develop the Digital Distribution products in the production environment for the organisation.
User base is spread globally and applications managed by the team are on high availability demands with large focus on automation and use of best of class toolkits.
Overview of role
The requirement is for an Application Analyst, ideally with some Salesforce support experience, who will be a part of the Distribution Support area to provide front-line support to customer services, marketing efforts for other users globally including troubleshooting issues with data entry, reports, permissions, data related issues etc.
• Exposure to working with relational database(s) with the ability to query and analyse multiple data sets
• University degree, preferably educated in the field of Information Systems
• Candidate must feel comfortable in challenging propositions from the development teams as well as suggest new efficiency improvements in a constructive way
• Self-motivated, accountable and adaptable to changes internally or in the market place
• Identify common issues and raise Ideas for enhancements
• Work with the Marketing team to create processes for list building/generation and campaign management and identify potential new campaigns
• have support skills aligned to Digital workspace as the individual should be able to work as part of a team as well as good communication skills are essential as the job involves interacting with third party suppliers, business stakeholders and training onsite/offshore team members. Candidate is required to identify, document and manage issues discovered in these applications not limiting to proposing and implementing solutions to problems as this post may involve leading on projects within the team.
• Participation in on overnight & weekend on-call rota as well as be flexible for shift cover is required. Support cover for occasional weekend maintenance works on the infrastructure such as migration / patching / upgrades and other project work may be required.
• Creating Reports/Dashboards, Creating New Custom Report Types, Buckets, Scheduling
Experience with - Leads, Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts, Chatter Answers, Content, Content Deliverability, Knowledge, Incidents, Ideas, Team Member, Projects, Data loader, Quotes within SF, Case Management, User Management in Salesforce. Exposure to Workflows/Approval Process/Field Updates/Email Alerts, Creating Objects/Record Types/Page, Layouts/Custom & Formula Fields, Creating Profiles & Roles, Managing Hierarchy, Permission Sets, Opportunities - Approval Processes, Lead Assignment Rules, Lead Routing Queue Management/Email to Case/Assignment Rules/Auto Response Emails
HTML Templates, Basic Formula Knowledge, Activity Business Rules.
• Essential understanding of Webservers IIS7 and Apache. Further knowledge and experience of hosting and configurations applications and websites in Microsoft IIS is expected. Comfort with configuring of server roles such as web services and application Servers.
• Context related Scripting using PowerShell or other. Exposure to deployment automation techniques and tools. Some awareness of resource and capacity monitoring tools essential.
• Troubleshooting operating systems & server applications on Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 servers including high level administration. Implementing measures to ensure the Infrastructure is secure and reliable.
• Familiarity with HTML, XML & prior experience with working on any Web development tool.
• Some background or interest in development using .Net, C# or VB.
• Reviewing performance thresholds & identifying continuous improvements. Understanding of Active Directory Integrated DNS, Management and administration of AD users, security groups & service accounts.
• Performing table updates, understanding security types and logons, general database management and querying data. Familiarity with database backup and restore procedures.
• Furthermore, the candidate will be involved in the planning of new project roll outs for these software applications. This will include both small bespoke setups, through to enterprise scale roll outs using the latest virtual and cloud based environments.
• General understanding of C# and .Net based application setup along with basic network level troubleshooting skills. Basic understanding of Firewall and Proxies.
• Salesforce Admin (201) certified
An understanding of ITIL is essential with the ability to apply its principles to this role. Familiarity with ticketing systems such as Remedy or Service-Now essential.
• Prior experience of using workflow based applications desirable.
•The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of Salesforce point and click configuration
• Experience in adopting best practices in maintaining knowledgebase is advantageous
• Prior experience with Global support or 'Follow the Sun' model would be advantageous.
• Ability to pick up ad-hoc duties within the Department as requested
• Background from Financial services industry with Devops exposure desirable.
• Experience and knowledge of SharePoint 2013 would be an advantage.
• Some familiarity of Team Foundation Server and ability to develop ad-hoc tools using .NET framework.
• Experience of analytical tools such as Demand Tools/Crystal Reports/Tableau would be advantageous though not essential.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.