Application Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGC Partners
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
To be the main point of contact for all BGC/GFI/RP Martin/Sunrise and Mint customers providing support and training for all aspects of the BGC/GFI platform to all sectors of our customers, i.e. traders, brokers, IT support and development. We are part of a global support group that is available around the clock and we cover the crossover between Asia and London and also London and North America. The customer facing aspect of this role is paramount.
Overview of the role:
- BGC Trader/BGCForex/BGCCredit/BGCRates Client Support
- GFI CreditMatch/ForexMatch/PropertyMatch Client Support
- Support of other group brands
- Support of all BGC/GFI Middle Office Systems
- Upgrade Projects
- On boarding management
- Identification, escalation and Management of Major incidents
Our aim is to deal with all client issues/problems from original contact through to final resolution.
- Previous experience supporting electronic trading systems and trade capture.
- Prior exposure to a front office trading environment either in a trading capacity or in a front office support role
- Ability to deliver and understand the importance of customer service excellence, face to face and by telephone.
- Good knowledge of Financial Markets (Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, Futures.)
- Good understanding of Network Connectivity
- Good knowledge and Support of FIX protocol
- Sound Unix admin skills
- Sound SQL desirable
- Exchange connectivity experience
- Any experience of Cloud technology desirable
- Understanding of STP trade flows (RTNS, MarkitSrv, Icelink, ION etc)
- Knowledge of Citrix is desirable
- Good working understanding of Windows and associated suite
- Morning health and status check of all platforms from 6:30am and then monitoring status and trade flows throughout the day using various in house applications and monitoring tools.
- Liaising with Asia and New York offices on issues across regions that may be passed to or from London.
- Responding and prioritizing responses to customer needs – includes application errors, Trading errors and training needs.
- Informing/working with 2nd level technical support and Development to resolve issues
- Expert in Business usage of our applications and managing user configurations and screen customisations
- Administering and updating Credit limits on our various trading platforms
- Acting as a central point of contact between departments (including networks, sys admin, sales, development and trading system support)
- Provide status updates to Customers (internal and external) during system outages
- A strong knowledge of various financial markets (including Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Derivatives)
- Meeting all BGC brands users with sales representatives. Must be technically aware and have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with and manage people a variety of people.
- Liaising and meeting with customer IT contacts including internal customers as well as major financial institutions.
- Reporting system errors and suggesting improvements from customer requests
- Ensure all Calls/issues are logged with appropriate detail
- Documentation of processes and procedures (Using Confluence)