Application Support Analyst – Award winning Global Investment Manager – London £55k
- £55 000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Carnegie Consulting
- 23 Nov 17 2017-11-23
We are seeking a dedicated and ambitious Application Support analyst to join the OTC Derivatives Services team of one of the city’s most successful and dynamic Investment Managers. This is an exciting and unusual role which is not focussed solely on repairing IT faults. Rather you will be expected to add value by initiating small scale development as and when the opportunity arises. In addition you will be involved in larger scale projects, testing, identifying improvements and using your initiative and enthusiasm to champion changes you feel strongly about.
You will support:
-Trade flow pricing of OTC derivative positions
-Associated applications used by all areas of the business, Front, Middle and Back office.
-The firms risk system
You will be important in ensuring that the day to day IT needs of the business are met. You will deal with a wide variety of support issues and planning activities, supporting a range applications from 3rd party and bespoke systems to quantitative financial modelling platforms. On a day to day basis you will be interacting with everyone from fund managers to middle office, compliance and risk. There will also be interaction with 3rd party vendors and some clients.
You will have:
• A proven track record supporting bespoke financial applications in a fast paced, user facing role.
• Experience supporting OTC Derivative types or at least, an enthusiasm to move into this area of Asset Management
• Good SQL skills and an ability to de-bug SQL scripts. Experience developing stored procedures is ideal.
• UNIX (Solaris) experience is an advantage. As is CADIS and ControlM, although training will be given.
• Being a .NET business, C#, VB6 and VBA are also desirable.