Application Support Engineer
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Solutions is an industry-leading provider of credit and macro intelligence and the primary distributor of Fitch Ratings content. Today, 90% of the world's leading banks and financial institutions, as well as multinational companies, government agencies, and consulting firms based across the globe depend on Fitch content to inform their business decisions. Role Overview:
We are looking for a 2nd Level Application Support Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing in-depth client support for Fitch Connect, the flagship platform for Fitch's unique market-leading content across Ratings, Research, Financial Data and Analytics.
As part of the 2nd Level Application Support Specialist team, you will diagnose problems, issues, defects and potential product enhancements. Issues will either be resolved at 2nd Level or escalated to Product and IT Development and status updates will be communicated back to 1st Level Customer Support to keep our customers informed. Collaboration with other support or dependency groups is required, as well as an ability to follow documented internal processes and workflows. Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Investigate clients' issues with the objective of providing high quality responses and root cause analysis
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues
- Responsible for collating data and functionality feedback from customers and Sales team to incorporate in future enhancement release cycles and assist with the prioritization process
- Act as an escalation point for any product related queries
- Actively manage owned and escalated tickets
- Respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Generate historical Feed Rating files for clients and prospects
- Monthly and quarterly service reports
- Flag knowledge gaps/tickets where best practices have not been followed
- Weekly Management report regarding status of all high tickets
- Exposure to a NoSQL DB other than Mongo
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- In-depth financial market data knowledge
- Excellent Excel skills (knowledge of ftp and/or API would be an asset
- Strong time management and organizational skills in order to prioritize workload and demands
- Quick learner with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive and driven
- Logical approach to problem solving and analytical thinking
- Demonstrates urgency, energy and enthusiasm
- Experience of credit data within a bank, vendor or other financial institution
- Experience with product and/or content integration
- Experience with Web based platforms, Excel Add-ins, Datafeeds and API
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .