- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Applications ConsultantThe key responsibilities of the role include:
As a Consultant for ISS FX Team, you will be providing 1st and 2nd level support (no Development) at our London Location including:
- Incident detection, root-cause investigation, problem management, capacity planning and all Production Support related activities.
o Management of incidents of all priorities. High or Critical Priority incidents require an incident bridge.
- User administration and maintenance
- Handling application malfunctions (e.g. Input issues, EOD issue, data backup issue, MQ issue, reporting and blotter issues etc.)
- Application availability monitoring
- Support partners and handle all FX related issues, escalating as needed
- Managing all exception queue and email alert notification for FX Applications
- Correction of deals falling into exception queues.
- Firecall support including off-hours support.
- Non urgent "break-fixes" like startup of FX related services.
- Handle static data updates using SQL or other methods necessary.
- Ensure the ISS FX team's access to the FX applications are on a "need to" basis, and access review is performed regularly every calendar year.
- Metrics and Reporting.
- Disaster Recovery
o Provide 2nd level support for DR recovery exercises as well as the actual DR events.
o Maintain DR documentation
- Basic understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Self-starter and works effectively with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $139 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management