Applications consultant - Brokerage
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Applications consultant - BrokerageThe key responsibilities of the role include:
As an analyst for ISS Global Brokerage Team (NTSGB), you will be providing 1st and 2nd level support (no Development) at our London Location including:
• Incident detection, root-cause investigation, problem management, capacity planning and all Production Support related activities.
- Management of incidents of all priorities. High or Critical Priority incidents require an incident bridge.
• User administration and maintenance
• Handling application malfunctions (e.g. Input issues, EOD issue, data backup issue, reporting and trading and/or blotter issues etc.)
• Application availability monitoring including vended Market Data applications.
• Support partners and handle all NTSGB related issues, escalating as needed
• Managing all exception queue and email alert notification for NTSGB Applications
• Firecall support including off-hours support.
• Non urgent "break-fixes" like startup of NTSGB related services.
• Handle static data updates using SQL or other methods necessary.
• Ensure the ISS NTSGB team's access to the NTSGB applications are on a "need to" basis, and access review is performed regularly every calendar year.
• Metrics and Reporting.
• Capacity planning
• Disaster Recovery
- Provide 2nd level support for DR recovery exercises as well as the actual DR events.
- Maintain DR documentation
• Basic understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
• Skillset includes but not limited to .Net, Oracle, Unix, SQL, Java, DataStage, Python
• Self-starter and works effectively with minimal direction
• Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide variety of individuals.
• Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets