- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
- Full time
Architect Developer - IBM WebSphere
Schroders Investment Operations group are seeking a hands-on architect to work with IBM messaging and integration technologies such as IIB V10, Wesphere Message Broker and Data Power. This candidate will have influence over the design and architecture of the platform.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
A newly formed platform systems delivery team has been created within the wider Investment Technology domain. The team will be responsible for designing and developing a first class platform to assist developers from across Schroders in creating solutions for real business problems.
We require a hands-on, development focussed technologist with an expert level understanding of enterprise architectural design and technology trends to join a newly formed delivery team. You will have significant input into the architecture, design and build of greenfield pub/sub capabilities on an advanced, enterprise wide, data as a service (DaaS) platform. Due to the services the team offers you will be expected to possess exemplary interpersonal skills that enable you to work seamlessly with a number of different teams and stakeholders and be able to lead the design and implementation of this capability.
• Be proficient in and able to use a range of industry leading technologies, particularly IIB/ESB platforms.
• Design, build and technically architect a platform making it easy for teams to adopt.
• Be proficient in both structured and unstructured databases.
• Promote and drive forward the use of the platform across the organisation.
• Reduce the learning curve for new teams wishing to adopt one of the platform components.
• Promote an agile way of working where possible and look to streamline processes for efficiency.
• Liaise closely with IT and infrastructure teams to identify platform improvements.
Essential Technical Skills:
• Expert knowledge of enterprise architectural design and build.
• An expert command of:
IBM integration technologies, particularly Message Broker, IIB, Data Power and WSRR.
Connectivity, transformation and mediation capabilities of WebSphere Message Broker V8 and IIB V10.
Analysis, design and deployment of message models and flows using WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit and IIB V10.
Developing, testing and debugging flows via IIB V10 using ESQL and other languages, nodes, graphical mapping tools, and pattern features.
Scalability, high availability, security and general use of adapters in an IIB/Message Broker environment.
Design patterns, Integration and Service oriented architectural patterns.
Event based integration, publication/subscription, request/response and synchronous/asynchronous.
• Proficient in DevOps best practices e.g. continuous integration, testing and delivery.
• Proficient in relational database technologies, particularly SQL Server and Oracle
• Proficient in Unix including shell scripting
• Proficient in Perl, XML and XSLT
• Proficient in the Java programming language
Desirable Technical Skills:
• Experience with NoSQL database technologies, preferably Couchbase
• Experience with Microservice development using Azure Service Fabric
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
• Experience with REST & SOAP based WCF & Web API services
• Experience with the Microsoft Technology stack (.NET / C#)
• Experience with Automic/UC4 and job scheduling
• Proficient use of test tooling, best practices and techniques
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Confident and professional individual to work with likeminded colleagues.
• Personable character to aid team cohesion.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Consultative approach coupled with a “can-do” attitude.
• Team player building strong relationships with team and business clients.
• Good knowledge of the latest data storage and system integration strategies.
• Ability to learn and adapt technology to suit an ever changing business environment.
• Possess strong design principles that are maintained under pressure.
• Be a centre for technical competency allowing teams to seek guidance.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.