- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
See job description for details
Join us in London as an Area Director
- You'll be leading, coaching and motivating a team of wealth managers and providing a professional, bespoke financial planning and review service to clients with multiple or complex needs
- We'll support you in achieving the Private Client Investment Advice & Management qualification to drive your professional development
What you'll do
You'll be supporting our proposition by managing our client facing colleagues to deliver an outstanding client service. You'll help them deliver against a balanced scorecard by driving the quality of advice, customer service satisfaction and investment reviews.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Leading a team of wealth managers who work with the bank's wealthiest clients and cover a wide geographic area
- Motivating and coaching your team to achieve all of their objectives
- Creating a team ethos of putting clients and their interests at the heart of all decisions
- Assessing and maintaining your competence and training, as set out in our Training & Competence scheme
- Maintaining your knowledge by keeping up-to-date with changes in the financial and local market places, and making sure it's reflected in the service we provide
The skills you'll need
You'll need a QCF Level 4 qualification, with a commitment to progressing to Level 6. You'll also need a valid Statement of Professional Standing, and while it isn't essential, a CISI qualification would support your success in this role.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Leadership experience in a regulated environment
- Experience of managing teams dealing with high net worth clients
- Knowledge and experience of providing complex and financial advice
- An understanding of finance tax mitigation
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".