Area Sales Manager
The Sales and Customer team distribute Octopus Investments' products through financial advisers, across a broad range of Networks and Service Providers, across the UK. The Area Sales Manager (ASM) will manage a 'Hub' of 10-14 Sales and Customer professionals whom in turn manage 4 - 6 geographical regions across the UK, from the London office. The ASM is tasked with motivating and driving individuals to hit sales targets but also maintaining the highest standard of customer service and post-sale value.
Essential Job Functions
• Managing a team of 10 - 14 in a single Hub. The team includes internal sales-people, account managers and sales support
• Reporting to the Head of Customer responsible for delivering on a Hub's sales target of £60m - £80m quarterly funds invested
• Working alongside the current 5 strong ASM team, developing sales strategy and initiatives for both their Hub and the wider team
• Ensuring the team provide a first-rate post sales experience to financial advisers
• Coaching, monitoring, training and developing the team to constantly improve both sales skills and in all other aspects of their careers
• Setting objectives, monitoring their team against objectives and driving increased performance
• Develop new initiatives to run a more efficient sales operations strategy
• Delivery of regular performance reviews and coaching
• Co-operate with the wider distribution function within Octopus and wider Octopus Investments teams to ensure optimum performance
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
- A proven track record in sales management
- Ability to plan and execute a sales strategy across multiple geographical areas or regions
- Adept at presenting to groups of up to 100
- Ability to lead, motivate and drive a team of up to 20
- Extensive experience coaching, training and developing sales-people at all levels
- Confident representing Octopus to clients and advisers when required
- Positive attitude, track record of problem solving, ability to work with pace and efficiency
- Comfortable working alone but also as part of multiple teams including virtual teams
- Experience using data to create sales plans
• Customer Obsession - is about putting the customers' needs at the heart of everything we do. We achieve this by listening, by making the complex simple and by delivering on our promises.
• Focus on Impact - is about making things happen. It's about recognising and avoiding the distractions. And it's about executing really, really well.
• Better & Better - is about having the humility to recognise that everything can be improved. We want a culture where everyone can put forward ideas and where people at all levels seek out, learn from and react positively to feedback.
• Personality matters - at Octopus. We want people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, are passionate about what they do, and who retain their humility despite all they achieve. We are honest, open and decent, always.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.