Asset Management - Investment Director – Beta Strategies - Associate/VP
- Competitive Package
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
The Investment Directors is a global in-business oversight team that combines fiduciary oversight with embedded risk management. The team conducts quarterly investment reviews of all strategies and works closely with the portfolio management teams to develop a suitable risk oversight framework. The area of coverage includes, Beta Strategies and Multi-Asset Solutions. This position will focus primarily on; accounts managed by Beta Strategies, however the successful candidate should expect to be involved in all of the Investment Directors Team’s activities. We’re looking for an Associate/VP candidate who will report to the global head of IDR based in New York.
~~JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 250,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management advises institutions, endowments, foundations and families through Asset Management and Wealth Management. Our Wealth Management business includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management.
J.P. Morgan Beta Strategies creates and manages quantitative, rules based strategies across a wide spectrum of exposures including strategic beta, alternative beta, custom beta solutions and market cap weighted indices. Those exposures are delivered in a broad range of vehicles, including ETFs, mutual funds, commingled funds and customized separate accounts. The group was created in June 2016 it is one of the most important areas of investment within JPMorgan Asset Management.
J.P. Morgan Multi-Asset Solutions (“MAS”) draws upon over 40 years of experience in managing multi-asset class portfolios. With over 100 investment professionals worldwide, MAS manages over $250 billion in AUM across flexible, outcome-oriented, quantitative and convertibles strategies, for a broad range of clients including institutions, advisors and individuals. The group’s approach to multi-asset investing is based on a disciplined and rigorous approach integrating qualitative and quantitative components.
1. As part of the global team, support an investment oversight protocol for all strategies managed by Beta Strategies in London, New York, and Columbus. As a secondary focus, the candidate will be engaged with the strategies under Multi-Asset Solutions as well. Duties include facilitating the quarterly investment review process, monitoring and interpreting a wide range of risk and performance measures, maintaining an ongoing dialogue and consultative feedback with local investment teams, and liaison with various corporate groups.
2. Actively participate and assist to formulate the agenda of the Investment Director Review meetings to evaluate results of investment strategies against objectives, investment guidelines, and client expectations. Assist in formulating the agenda of the reviews, develop the materials and perform the analysis given the wide array of products.
3. Provide representation of Investment Directors for EMEA-related firm wide and regulatory related discussions. Support senior team members in representation to the regional fund Boards and senior management.
4. Manage investment oversight coverage of global portfolios by closely interacting with team members and analysts in London, New York, Columbus, and Hong Kong. A successful candidate should be comfortable building and maintaining work relationships over long distance.
5. As part of oversight team participate in the global projects developing analytical solutions, supporting infrastructure, and maintaining reporting. Global focus of the team may require flexibility to work global hours.
1. Broad market and/or risk management experience covering Fixed Income, FX, Equity, and hybrid/structured products in both cash and derivatives markets. An ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience preferably in a quantitative and/or multi-asset environment.
2. Familiarity and practical experience with various risk measures as applied to a range of asset classes. Knowledge of mutual funds and buys side experience will be helpful for this role.
3. Ability to leverage technology to maintain and enhance risk and performance management models and framework. Excellent Excel skills are required, ability to code is desirable.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical for this role, as well as the ability to prepare and support delivery of executive level presentations.
5. Self-starter with the ability to multi-task across a wide range of investment strategies, products and global teams.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.