Asset Management Division, Consultant Relations, Associate - London
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
GSAM serves its clients through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment managers in the world and critical to that success is our ability to develop and execute thoughtful investment solutions for clients across the globe; while providing world-class service. GSAM's International Client Business works with a diverse client base that includes private banks, pension funds, charities, insurers, governments and other official institutions.
As some of the most sophisticated investors, investment consultants advise many of GSAM's clients on their asset allocation, manager selection and investment philosophies. The Consultant Relations team works with over 100 investment consultant firms around the world which advice on asset allocation for a diverse set of clients. This requires a deep understanding of clients' needs, consultants' approaches, and GSAM's and GS Merchant Bank's (MBD) investment strategies.
We are seeking a highly-motivated team player for an analyst role in GSAM's Consultant Relations team. In this role, you will support the day-to-day needs of the International Client Business to win new clients and retain existing ones.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support the Consultant Relations team's senior relationship managers in the day-to-day servicing of high-profile relationships with investment consultants.
- The individual will be trained to provide support in all asset classes but most importantly will focus initially in Fixed Income. Fixed Income coverage could be up to 12 months, with the potential to stay in the asset class coverage team or move to another asset class coverage post this period
- Build your own relationships with investment consultants for the benefit of GSAM and GS
- Organise meetings, portfolio reviews and quarterly calls between investment consultants and GSAM investment teams
- Track and summarise progress with investment consultants, including product ratings and market trends in asset allocation and manager selection
- Assist in developing team strategy through analysis of whitepapers and reports created by investment consultants, as well as internal notes, day to day request, Salesforce data, and conversations with senior management, investment teams, other sales teams and GSAM portfolio management
- Develop a close partnership with internal sales team across different channels in GSAM to commercialize our strategies and increase the chance of winning business
- Assist senior team members when presenting information on consultant strategy
- Responsible for completing an coordinating all follow ups post client meetings /calls and overall request
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Very strong interpersonal skills: This role requires the ability to build excellent working relationships with many internal and external parties.
- Confidence, charisma and ability to understand and communicate technical details are a most in order to succeed with a very sophisticated client base (investment consultants)
- Deep interest in financial markets and the asset management industry, enjoy learning the technical aspects of the asset class
- Ability to network and gain consultants trust in order to be front of mind when future opportunities arise with pension fund clients
- Hard working, intelligent, team player with a positive attitude and willing to roll their sleeves and get the work done, eager to learn with a strong work ethic
- High ethical standards, honesty and integrity is paramount in our team
- 1-3 years of work experience at an asset management firm, investment consultant, Goldman Sachs, or other financial services organisation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Highly organised with good attention to detail and excellent follow-through is a must
- Required to take the Investment management certificate (IMC) upon joining
- Undergraduate degree
- CFA beneficial but not immediately required, will have the opportunity to obtain it if desired after joining
- A European language is beneficial but is not a hard requirement