Asset Management Division, GSAM, Alternative Investments & Manager Selection, Client Portfolio Solutions, Vice President - London
GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world's leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection ("AIMS") Group is responsible for identifying, researching and selecting leading third-party investment managers. The group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, secondaries, GP stakes, real estate managers, public equity and fixed income strategies. With over 350 professionals across 11 offices globally, the AIMS Group helps institutional and individual investors with their program design, manager diligence, portfolio construction and risk management. The investment solutions in AIMS have a long history and our programs have seeded and partnered with many of the world's most prominent alternative investment managers. Today, AIMS oversees over $300 billion across portfolios of both customized and commingled fund solutions as one of the world's broadest, deepest and longest-standing "open architecture" programs. We manage globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors generally access opportunities through new fund commitments, secondary market investments, co-investments, seed capital investments, investment manager equity / revenue share stakes, or fund of fund solutions.
The AIMS Client Portfolio Solutions team is responsible for managing client interactions across the AIMS investment businesses. These responsibilities include identifying and researching prospective investors, analyzing the role of alternative and traditional investments in a client's portfolio, and working with clients and the investment teams to develop unique solutions. The team works closely with other areas of AIMS and the broader firm including AIMS Risk Management & Analytics, Client Service teams, Fund Accounting/Controllers, Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance. Principal Responsibilities
- Responsible for business and new product development, portfolio solutions, and client service.
- Lead internal and external contact for all matters related to AIMS hedge fund solutions
- Communicate to external prospective and existing clients hedge fund investment performance, portfolio exposures, concentrations, and customized portfolio manager developments Participate in construction of customized multi-manager hedge fund solutions, coordinating between the external client and the internal AIMS Portfolio Construction team
- Manage communication and hedge fund platform updates with internal sales teams
- Oversight of ongoing client deliverables as well as new business development activities Actively assist in AIMS-wide initiatives and projects
- Ten years or more of experience in manager selection, portfolio construction, or risk management desired
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to work with sophisticated investors.
- Strong interest in capital markets, asset management, and understanding of traditional and alternative asset classes
- Strong organizational skills to oversee production of a high volume of quality work within tight timeframes
- Knowledge and understanding of Excel, PowerPoint and Word and adaptability to other internal systems
- Candidate must be a team player and self-motivated and demonstrate a willingness to take on more responsibility
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity