GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
We are seeking a VP-level candidate to join the Global Risk Management team within Goldman Sachs Asset Management. We are looking for an individual who has a strong expertise within risk management, including market risk, who can leverage his/her strong quantitative and problem solving capabilities, and detailed-oriented mind-set to make an impactful contribution to our team and the various businesses across Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
The Global Risk Management team is uniquely positioned within the firm as part of Goldman Sachs Asset Management. Our global fund complex and separately managed account portfolios cover a wide range of assets classes, global markets and strategies. The team is responsible for independent oversight and risk governance covering all elements of risks including market risk, liquidity risk, counterparty risk, operational risk as well as risk governance and oversight of dedicated regulated legal entities via designated CRO roles. The team regularly interacts with a wide range of teams across Goldman Sachs Asset Management including portfolio managers, embedded risk managers, and various Federation groups that cover Goldman Sachs Asset Management, including the Legal, Compliance, the Risk Division and Controllers in order to effectively monitor risk and continually improve upon our risk governance framework. The team is also responsible for risk monitoring and regulatory reporting for the global fund complex.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
As a VP within Global Risk Management team within Goldman Sachs Asset Management, you will be responsible for:
- Providing oversight for market, liquidity and counterparty risks and the associated risk governance processes
- Reviewing risk model outputs for external regulatory reporting
- Interacting directly with senior management and Boards to ensure that our risk governance oversight is understood, that material risks are effectively escalated, and governance items appropriately remediated
- Engaging with portfolio managers and traders, covering a broad range of asset classes, global markets and strategies on topics including risk governance threshold breaches, performance drivers, and most notably, changes in risk profile and strategies
- Leading projects and initiatives, along with our dedicated Strat and IT teams, to implement new risk tooling, measures and analytics to meet internal and regulatory requirements
- Engaging with clients to provide information around Goldman Sachs Asset Management's risk management culture and risk governance frameworks as part of client pitches or in periodic due diligence meetings
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications and experience
- 5-8 years of experience in risk management or similar role in the financial industry, including development of strong quantitative skills and project management expertise
- Detailed product and risk metric knowledge across a range of asset classes, and keen engagement with financial markets
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and proven track record of execution and delivery, both as an individual and as part of a team, which can be demonstrated
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with internal clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a range of senior stakeholders, including exposure to governance fora
- Inquisitive mindset: seek deeper understanding of complex portfolios, products and processes and their associated risks
- Strong system capability, including Excel, PowerPoint. Coding experience would be a plus, although not a prerequisite
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity