Asset Manager, Loan Portfolios
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO has developed a robust $40+ billion alternatives platform. With over 15 years of alternatives experience, PIMCO has incorporated the firm's investment discipline and unique sourcing capabilities with alternatives-specific talent and resources. PIMCO offers a diverse set of hedge fund, risk premia, private credit and real estate strategies that emanate from core PIMCO capabilities across global macro, quant, commodities, credit, residential and commercial real estate markets. JOB DESCRIPTION
We have recently created a division around PIMCO's focus on asset management for our alternatives platform. The newly formed loan portfolio asset management team will support both the EUR Residential desk as well as the EUR Special Situations desk in managing their loan portfolios post acquisition. Their focus will be on maximizing returns through hands on, proactive management of the assets and servicers, as well as improved surveillance and reporting.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an Asset Manager based in London to focus on surveillance of mainly loan portfolios on the public and private side of PIMCO's European business. Investments include all structured products and private investments for Europe, across capital structures and asset classes with a focus on performing, non/re-performing loans in residential and consumer credit asset classes.
- Assist in the asset management and servicing oversight of mainly mortgage, consumer loan portfolios including surveillance, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide governance and strategic guidance to external third party servicers in management of loan portfolios, hold review meetings and update deal team and senior management
- Support acquisitions/originations of loan portfolios through knowledge of underwriting process, servicing data analysis and customary due diligence.
- Support acquisitions/originations of loan portfolios with negotiation with regard to loan servicers and loan servicing aspects of the investments.
- Work with analytics team members and for surveillance and modelling of existing and new risks.
- 5 years + experience for example in consumer loan management from an asset manager, investment bank, regulator or servicing company
- Strong understanding of European lending market in terms of key originators and service providers (a particular focus on UK and Ireland)
- Experience or deep knowledge of loan origination/underwriting of consumer loan products
- Understanding of the regulatory framework in each jurisdiction (a particular focus on UK and Ireland)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of loan workout strategies
- Familiarity and working knowledge in sale agreements, servicing contracts, financing documentation, regulation, reporting and cash management in European Structured Finance
- Demonstrated ability to generate ideas and strategies that enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk
- Ability to work across the organization with portfolio managers, account managers, product managers and others in a collaborative manner.
- Strong communications ski lls, internally and externally
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the role description above and are aware that the role you are applying for is either a Senior Manager or Certified Role under SMCR. You agree to PIMCO carrying out any additional screening required under the SMCR regulations for your role.