Assistant Company Secretary 12 Months contract £450-£500/day The role is a temporary maternity cover role based in London. The team is responsible for the company secretarial function for the Corporate and Institutional Bank's UK entities. In addition, it provides advice on governance matters to senior management and is responsible for supporting the UK governance framework. The team performs a coordinating role for the Retail Banking & Services business in the UK.
The role holder will be expected to provide professional company secretarial services for CIB's legal entities (which includes acting as de-facto company secretary for some entities) and acting as secretary for some of the UK governance committees. There are no listed companies in the portfolio. In addition, all team members are expected to contribute or lead on various governance projects and the provision of advice and guidance to the executive.
- Responsibility for legal entity governance for a portfolio of entities acting as de-facto company secretary.
- Providing advice and guidance to business units on corporate governance and company secretarial matters.
- Corporate transactions, restructurings and liquidations.
- Board and committee support - drafting papers, attendance at meetings and taking minutes. Quality assurance for board./committee materials. Providing advice on improving the effectiveness of boards and committees.
- Director governance - Assisting in setting standards and developing processes and procedures to manage directors (training, drafting guidelines, providing advice, guidance, on and off-boarding procedures, inductions).
- Monitoring developments in legal/regulatory requirements and providing guidance and advice.
- Drafting governance reference documents, guidelines, policies, board papers and minutes.
- Liaise as appropriate with other relevant functions and stakeholders including legal, compliance, finance, operations etc in both Paris and London.
- Ensuring good information flows within the board and its committees and between senior management and directors.
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of legal entities in accordance with all rules, regulations and best practice,
- Advise on legal and governance implications of proposed policies, transactions other corporate matters.
- Corporate compliance for UK branches governance and compliance.
- Legal entity compliance filings - Companies House, LEI's
- Qualified company secretary (ICSA) or legal qualification.
- Experience of providing company secretarial/corporate governance support to legal entities, boards and committees.
- Company law and corporate governance experience necessary.
- Attendance at board and committee meetings - acting as secretary and minute taking.
- Experience of advising on corporate governance matters.
- Financial services/compliance/risk governance experience useful.
- Drafting of board papers, minutes, legal documentation, policies, procedures and governance documents.
- Senior executive stakeholder/director management.
- Good interpersonal skills - able to develop relationships, manage stakeholders, communicate effectively and work in teams across disciplines
- Ability to take the lead.
- Pro-active, solutions based approach.
- Resilient able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Adaptable to respond to different situations.
- Good attention to detail
- Good drafting skills - minutes, policies and procedures, guidance and legal documents.
- Client service focus.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales