Assistant Corporate Accountant - International Private Equity (Central London)
Our client is a leading global private equity firm with AUM of $95 billion spread across a number of managed funds on behalf of over 900 clients internationally. The firm has over 620 employees working from 14 offices across Europe, Asia and America.
The Assistant Corporate Accountant will be part of the Corporate Accounting team, which is responsible for all Statutory Accounting, Regulatory reporting, and Management reporting for the business.
Reporting to the CFO/COO, and working closely with a Newly qualified accountant, the Assistant Corporate Accountant will be part of a small, professional team.
The Assistant Corporate Accountant will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Prepare Accruals and Prepayments schedules
* Prepare reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts and Profit & Loss analysis as required
* Prepare Cost Centre analysis and reporting
* Complete month end management information analysis
* Completion of regular periodic bank reconciliations, updates and analysis
* Complete analysis for the financial budget process
* Update financial forecasts, and dividend projections
* Prepare cashflow summary
* Raise Sales invoices for the UK entity
* Review payment runs
* Collate information for VAT / Corporation tax reporting and payment
* Prepare / review recharge schedules and analysis to the Funds and other internal entities
* Provide detailed analysis to support the PSA (PAYE Settlement Agreement) process
* Complete all ONS (Office of National Statistics) returns for the business
* Provide financial analysis / data as required, both internally, and to all 3rd party stakeholders
* Maintain / draft process and procedure notes for all finance tasks
* The Assistant Corporate Accountant will be required to liaise directly with internal and external stakeholders, and should be confident in requesting / providing information to all levels of management.
* The role will require daily interaction with other teams in the UK, and from other international offices as well as with 3rd party service providers.
This Assistant Corporate Accountant role requires someone with a Business / Accounting background through their studies at University, an interest in finance and a desire towards qualifying as an accountant via the ACCA/ACA/CIMA (study support provided)
* Strong academic background and educated to degree level
* Ideally 12-18 months finance/accounting experience but very strong graduate candidates may also be considered
* Good communication and inter-personal skills
* Excellent Excel skills
* Strong numeracy, accuracy, and attention to detail
* Interest in the Private Equity / Asset Management space is a benefit
* Experience in managing multiple priorities
* Ability to work effectively within a team; and collaboratively across multiple departments, and geographies
* Should be highly organized & motivated