- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director - Product Manager
Location: London, England, United KingdomYou will work to deliver our know-how around the Basel standards, particularly regulatory capital, as a Software-as-a-Service to a wide range of financial institutions.
Working as a member of "squad", i.e. a small, cooperative team that covers all aspects of certain topics from the functional to the technological your role will be to help ensure that our solution meets customer expectations in terms of functionality and usability. This will require that you develop a detailed understanding of both the regulatory need we address and the technology we use (e.g. cloud-based technologies).
You will help design an intuitive solution that enables users to be autonomous and productive. This includes aspects such as user interface, on which you will work with UX designers and developers. You will also perform internal functional testing of the solution and contribute to its documentation
Up to 20% travel may be required, primarily within the EU.
- The product owner for at least one mid-size product or feature set of a large product.
- May manage a product analyst, perform senior analyst type functions and work directly with engineering to develop the product as an active member of the development team who can manage multiple projects simultaneously; or may be more externally focused to work with clients and cross-functional teams to deliver the product to the market.
- Works with limited supervision. Provides Tier 2 support to clients and Services.
The Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Services Group is a global organization of 1,000 team members who help clients better understand and manage financial risk. We develop solutions for financial institutions, large companies, and governments seeking to implement best practices in risk measurement and management. Our client list includes some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. We design, build, and implement a broad range of software to fundamentally help our clients better balance risk and return. Our software has earned accolades from clients, regulators, and the financial media.
The Banking Reg Tech (BRT) Solutions business is comprised of product managers, project directors, functional consultants, and technical consultants spread around the world with primary offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Collectively, we help clients comply with ever-changing banking regulations while providing the information and insights needed to manage a balance sheet comprehensively across asset, liability, and capital positions.
- Requires strong experience in financial services and risk management software industry as an analyst and/or product manager.
- Has strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Bachelors required, Master degree in Business, Economics, Finance or a related field preferred.
- Some knowledge of financial regulations, especially Basel III and its transcriptions into law, as they pertain to credit risk or counterparty credit risk.
- This position requires the individual to be available to provide periodic evening and weekend on call support in line with business needs
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.