- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 18
Assistant Director - Senior Financial Engineer
Location: London, England, United KingdomThis role will manage client relationships in the use of software and analysis of fixed-income portfolios. Additionally, the position will lead software development and other projects and will work with the product development team to design, build and implement new features in analytic and data products.
- Support and manage client relationships in the use of software and the analysis of fixed-income portfolios.
- Act in a leading role with regard to software development and running projects.
- Train and mentor other Financial Engineers.
- Participate in offsite sales calls with the sales team to run demos for products, gathering requirements and conducting implementation for new clients.
- Work with the product development team to design, build and implement new features and functions for analytic and data products.
- Answer inquiries on software applications while developing and delivering solutions to clients.
- Analyse complex financial fixed-income instruments.
- Travel is required to conduct training and give presentations on software applications.
The Content Solutions - Structured division of Moody's Analytics creates award winning software, comprehensive datasets and transparent models for the securitization market. Our platform is widely recognized for its unique abilities to support detailed analysis of the most sophisticated structured debt products. Our clients vary from regional banks to Tier I investment banks to hedge funds who structure, manage, and invest in the structured finance market. Our data content reflects past performance of transactions as well as models of the structural rules (waterfalls) governing them. Our analytic models allow customers to analyse the performance of these securities for pricing, trading, and risk management purposes. Our teams in South San Francisco, New York, London, and Tokyo support over 100 clients globally.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Experience within financial engineering preferred.
- Experience in client facing role required.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability required.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
- Proficient in writing macros using Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and other scripting or coding languages preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and exposure to structured finance required, in particular on the job experience of CLO's and/ or European ABS, RMBS.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.