- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director - User Experience Designer
Location: London, England, United KingdomThis role is responsible for designing the overall look and feel of next generation visual and interactive user interface for multiple products and platforms. Additionally, the role will work with other designers to ensure the user interface is consistent with UI requirements and best practices.
Moody's Analytics is looking for a User Experience designer who is enthusiastic about designing financial applications that help banks better manage their risks.
You will be part of the Banking RegTech business of Moody's Analytics' Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) department.
You will work on our initiative to deliver our know-how around the Basel standards, particularly regulatory capital, as a Software-as-a-Service to a wide range of financial institutions.
Working as a member of "squad", i.e. a small, cooperative team that covers all aspects of certain topics from the functional to the technological, your role will be to help ensure that our solution meets customer expectations in terms of usability.
You will help design an intuitive solution that enables users to be autonomous and productive.
Up to 20% travel may be required, primarily within the EU.
- Design the overall look and feel of next generation visual and interactive user interface across multiple products and platforms.
- Create custom application controls and iconography.
- Design innovative, engaging and effective visual design language that help users to easily solve problems.
- Turn complex information into intuitive graphics, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation.
- Employs user-centered design methods to develop user interface specifications such as use cases, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, and final user interface documentation.
- Design innovative, engaging and effective interactions that help users to easily solve problems.
- Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Work with other designers to ensure the user interface is consistent with the UI requirements and usability best practices.
- Contribute in building a user experience pattern library to maintain consistency in behaviors across multiple products.
- Participate in the definition of Design or user-centered Design process.
The Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Services Group is a global organization of 1,000 team members who help clients better understand and manage financial risk. We develop solutions for financial institutions, large companies, and governments seeking to implement best practices in risk measurement and management. Our client list includes some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. We design, build, and implement a broad range of software to fundamentally help our clients better balance risk and return. Our software has earned accolades from clients, regulators, and the financial media.
The Banking Reg Tech (BRT) Solutions business is comprised of product managers, project directors, functional consultants, and technical consultants spread around the world with primary offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Collectively, we help clients comply with ever-changing banking regulations while providing the information and insights needed to manage a balance sheet comprehensively across asset, liability, and capital positions.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in graphic design, interactive design, information architecture or related discipline.
- Strong portfolio showcasing complex interaction design solutions.
- Demonstrated experience designing complex application information architecture, user testing, and prototype for innovative product design serving as an advocate for end user.
- Strong design skills, including strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and composition and visualization principles.
- Experience in pixel perfect design and asset creation.
- Ability to communicate design ideas to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative decentralized environment.
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Strong knowledge or design tools, including Adobe creative suite, HTML, CSS, and MS Visio.
- Strong knowledge with usability testing, visual design or prototyping.
- Strong experience being in a formal user-centered design structure.
- Experience in financial environment.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.