Assistant Director, M&A Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Financial Advisory, London
Your opportunity Deloitte Advisory Corporate Finance provides corporates, private equity houses and other clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, a significant number of which are cross-border or international in nature.
This service line is divided into product and sector teams. The product teams cover debt advisory, plc advisory, special situations (difficult/distressed M&A) and valuations. The sector teams comprise Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services (or Financial Institutions Group - FIG), Healthcare, Manufacturing, Real Estate, THL (Travel, Hospitality and Leisure) and TMT. In 2017, our diverse team of c.200 people in London and the regions advised on over 87 completed deals.
Specifically, this is your opportunity to join a fast growing and innovative M&A team specialising in the Financial Services Industry. The team focuses on providing world class M&A services to the UK and Europe's leading Financial Institutions and Private Equity Houses.
We are part of North West Europe Financial Services Advisory and work closely with our Nordic, Dutch, Belgian, Irish, Swiss and other European colleagues, both on project-specific assignments and on long secondments, which gives you a great opportunity to explore the M&A market from a UK and international perspective.
We are building the team and are looking for outstanding candidates to work alongside us.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Deloitte's FIG M&A Advisory team is recognised as one of the leading financial services focused M&A teams in the City with the experience and skills to deliver first class client service and deal execution. The team is an undisputed leader in UK mid-market M&A having completed 60+ deals in the last 4 years across all financial services sub-sectors.
The Financial Services sector team within Deloitte Corporate Finance Advisory provides corporates, private equity houses and other clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, a significant number of which are cross-border or international in nature.
The team's expertise extends across the full range of FS sub-sectors including: banking, specialty finance, insurance, fintech and asset management.
Among the most prolific in the City, the team is highly respected in the industry having recently been bolstered in the banking and specialty finance side by senior hires, indicative of Deloitte's meaningful commitment to build on its market-leading presence in insurance. As such the team is enjoying significant success and is seeking to continue to expand with the recruitment of highly driven and motivated individuals.
Our clients are at the centre of what we do. Developing a deep understanding of their business and commercial environment is essential for our success. As such, the successful candidate will also spend time building lasting client relationships based on deep industry knowledge and relevant research.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Director whose responsibilities will include:
Your work, your choice
- Working across the Financial Services sector on the execution of buy-side and sell-side transactions
- Day to day management of transactions which includes responsibility for delivery of information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for preparation of information and client communications
- Primary contact for the client on a day to day basis on transactions
- Valuation work including financial modelling such as DCF and LBO analysis
- Taking a lead role in driving forward marketing and business development opportunities including developing market insight materials and managing the development and preparation of client proposals
- Engaging with the senior team in relation to the development and implementation of team strategy
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
To qualify for the Financial Services Advisory team role you must have:
Your service line
- A minimum of six years' experience in an M&A lead advisory role with experience in managing deals
- Enthusiasm for and previous exposure to the financial services sector
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of data quickly
- Ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial analysis for inclusion in client reports
- Client focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Very strong project management and organisational skills
- The self-confidence/appetite to be involved in business development activities
- Ability to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team
- Strong Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel skills
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last three years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 165777