Assistant Director (Senior Manager) - Operational Transaction S
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
Job Title: Assistant Director (Senior Manager) - Operational Transaction Services Location: London Salary Level: Competitive Do you have the vision to see through problems? Our team is a dedicated group of over 30 professionals in this specialist service offering. Each draws on their financial, operational and technical skills to support both private equity and corporate clients, spanning the financial services sector.
You'd be part of the only dedicated Financial Services team in this sector. We're focused on our clients' key strategic activities, advising and influencing at senior leadership level. We find ways to make transactions happen smoothly and efficiently, without compromising standards or taking uncalculated risks for sellers or buyers.
We're looking for Assistant Directors (Senior Managers) to join our Financial Services team due to exciting new business and growth in our OTS Team currently.
Our team is a dedicated group of 30 professionals in this specialist service offering. Each draws on their financial, operational and technical skills to support both private equity and corporate clients, spanning a wide range of industries. We're focused on our clients' key strategic activities, advising and influencing at senior leadership level. We find ways to make transactions happen smoothly and efficiently, without compromising standards or taking uncalculated risks for sellers or buyers.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant Director within the team you'll be leading on workstreams and delivering Operational Transaction Services to clients with an IT, Operations, Wealth & Asset Management or Private Equity expertise, as well as leading on multiple assignments to help develop the team's intellectual capital. You'll also work with the Leadership team to spearheard marketing efforts and build strong relationships with high profile clients and lead on key client decision makers in developing and executing their transaction strategy to secure deal value. As an Assistant Director you'll also deliver a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and deliverables and is able to drive additional and repeated engagements.
Understanding EY's service offerings and actively identifies opportunities to improve client service, as well as being directly responsible for staff (Manager and below) to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring. support clients on a daily basis in highly confidential transactions in both a pre-deal and post-deal context.
Skills and attributes for success
- Consulting skills: can demonstrate the skills and experience required to operate in a client-facing role within a professional services firm.
- Financial analysis: able to apply sound financial analysis and a rigorous approach to quantify the impact of operational issues.
- Sound knowledge/level of Wealth and Asset Management/Private Equity expertise.
- Analysis: Able to apply sound financial analysis to understand how operational issues affect the investment case for a transaction.
- Client Understanding: able to understand and navigate senior level politics in order to ensure the successful delivery of client assignments. Displays sufficient authority and impact to maintain influencing behaviour in difficult situations.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Financial Services expertise: has a good level of experience in one or more of banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and asset management, with a focus on operations, technology, strategy and change.
- Change management: understands key principles of project and programme management and has some experience of leading change.
- Strong knowledge/level of project experience including understanding the phases of the change process, the systems development lifecycle and delivery projects including separations / carve-outs, data migrations and integrations.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Commercial acumen: able to quickly understand the key value drivers in a business and how these impact the scope and approach of an assignment
- People management: understands and uses the dynamics in a group to achieve the objectives of an assignment. Is approachable to team members and provides coaching and support to address individual development needs
- Strong academic record
What we look for
As a team we are looking for passionate consultants who thrive on working in high-performing teams and focus on delivering exceptional service for our clients, with a focus on Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management and Private Equity.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.