Assistant Financial Controller
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 18
A very exciting and professional investment bank with our office in the city, the company is a leading enterprise under a large group. The group is the largest stated owned entity in China. The company’s parent company is one of the top investment banks in China and is listed in Shanghai and Hong Kong Stock Exchange. We provide investors with all-round professional services of securities investment and financing. The company has launched a business in London primarily focused on commodities trading. We are joined by high-calibre staff who is professional and motivated to develop and grow the business.
The Assistant Financial Controller role is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a major organisation and be well-positioned for career advancement. This role carries considerable responsibility. Report directly to UK CFO, you will be expected to play a proactive role in providing support and performing best practice.
Team Description/ Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the CFO of the company and helping on CFO on the following tasks:
- the preparation of the monthly trail balance and management reporting to submit to the Group
- Review / preparation of the daily and quarterly FCA COREP returns, including supporting schedules and documentation (participate in the review with CFO).
- Control over the Balance Sheet including thorough reconciliations
- preparation of the annual statutory accounts (IFRS), including the external audit and planning, updating
- Prepare / assist CFO with the preparation of the annual budget
- Liaison with external and, when applicable, internal auditors and assistance with information and explanations required during the year-end financial audit and other reviews / audits
- Providing financial information as required by senior colleagues and Group entities.
- review of quarterly VAT return, including partial exemption calculations
- review of Central Statistical Office returns (as requested)
- To provide supervisions and trainings to the junior staff in the team
- Ad-hoc projects as required by CFO
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor/master degrees
- Qualified ACA/ACCA
- Mandarin language skill is essential
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Ideally, but not essential : ACA qualified from Big 4; post qualified experience from financial service
- Ideally, but not essential, some prior experience of commodity accounting (futures, options), including the understanding and ability to interpret regulatory requirements.