Reporting into the Senior Financial Controller this role aims to deliver a high quality, efficient finance and accountancy service to the organisation and its customers. The role encompasses day to day management of treasury, banking and cashflow monitoring. This includes principal responsibility for treasury management and cashflow monitoring for Pension Funds. Also, responsibility for financial controls over payments made by the Pensions Administration business and monitoring and reporting of financial controls for LPP Group.
- Responsible with the Senior Financial Controller for the delivery of a robust control environment.
- Lead responsibility for treasury management whilst ensuring appropriate banking and treasury controls and procedures are in place. Complete daily treasury management tasks and ensure operation of cash management controls. Produce cashflow reporting and ensuring efficient use of cash and liquid resources. Making sure bank accounts are reconciled daily, in conjunction with Assistant Accountants.
- Responsible for effective relationship management and development with LPP’s bankers.
- Responsible for ensuring pensions payments and lump sums are correctly accounted for in the accounting system and reconciled to the Pensions Administration system.
- Establish end to end financial control over the Pensions Administration business. This includes documenting processes, identifying and enforcing controls.
- Produce financial control reports, covering key KPIs for the Finance teams with commentary to be reported to the Executive Committee and Audit Committees.
- Accountable for the effective management of junior Finance team members including organising workflow in order to meet deadlines. Conducting performance appraisals and ensuring progress against learning and development plans.
- Collaborate with the Senior Financial Controller in the proactive management of internal and external auditors. Making sure the audit timetables are adhered to, key deadlines are met, and audit queries are dealt with promptly and in line with best practice.
- Ensure adherence to Finance procedures, processes and controls. Make sure, there is periodic review and update of Finance processes. Report on compliance with financial processes and controls and highlight any areas of risk to the Head of Financial Control.
- Ensure there is adequate business continuity plans in place for the Finance function and all payment cycles.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post and where appropriate take additional responsibility when cover needs to be maintained.
- Actively support the LPP’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, as directed.
The post holder will demonstrate:
- Qualified accountant, CCAB or equivalent qualification with at least 1year post qualification experience in a Finance function.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of establishing and implementing financial processes and controls.
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating day to day staff workloads. Conduct effective performance management including development of Finance team members against learning and development plans.
- Thorough understanding of financial systems and controls surrounding Pensions Administration, Investments, Banking and Treasury.
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience of accounting/auditing for Pension Schemes would be desirable.
- Confidence in handling and interpreting complex numerical data and presenting in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to present arguments to support and/ or challenge a proposal.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to influence and build good working relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Good level of numerical, analytical and report writing skills including a working knowledge of MS office tools to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making.
- A proactive, self-motivated team player who has the ability to manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines and continually strive for improvements in quality, efficiency and presentation.
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP’s commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.