Assistant Manger, Senior QA Automation, Business Quality Assurance, Internal Services, London
Leader within the ITS Business Quality Assurance (QA) team responsible for our test automation development and maintenance, in line with our QA Automation Strategy. This role is required to work within project & product teams to deliver automated testing of APIs, repeatable processes, functionality and some back-end/infrastructure activities. This role will be responsible for ensuring alignment to the QA Automation Strategy led by our Operational QA Manager. Our test automation work is varied spanning: desktop estate (Mac, Windows), off the shelf vs custom developed vs integrated apps.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Your work, your choice
- Test automation development
- Managing and maintaining automation QA framework and regression scripts
- Continual improvement and ad-hoc test team activities as required
- Build and maintain QA scripts using automation tools and development languages (predominantly SWIFT, C#, Java, VB)
- Manage and deliver against the QA Automation framework
- Select and develop appropriate QA automation tools to support our environment
- Management of our DevOps pipeline and supporting tests
- Automated accessibility testing
- Ensure proper traceability, version control and configuration management of all test objects developed using tools such as SonarQube, Git
- Assess the feasibility and ROI for automated testing and communicate benefits and wins in business language
- Reviewing & updating automated regression test scripts
- Coordinating with QA team members to ensure any changes are fed into scripts
- Creating new automation scripts (if required)
- Continually reviewing and ensuring alignment to the overall Automation Strategy and Framework
- Reviewing and continually improving QA processes and activities
- Supporting the development of the test team by leading an internal focus area e.g. risk management, asset management, internal team collaboration, team building activities
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work patte rn: Permanent
- Solid experience as a QA Analyst including test automation / development experience
- In-depth knowledge of test toolsets and development languages including C#, Java, Visual, C#, VB scripting and PHP programing languages.
- Understanding and experience in DevOps pipeline i.e. change, release & deployment processes
Experience of Cloud or AWS / Azure
- Strong knowledge & use of QA methodologies e.g. Agile, DevOps
- Knowledge or experience of AI Test tools, API Testing
- A thorough knowledge of the Windows and Office products and virtual machines
Salary: Market Rate. Open date 12.02.2020; Closing date: 11.03.2020. Full Time. Your service line: Internal Services
- Certified with ITIL Foundation level
- Ideally you'll have experience from a large Top 100 organisation
- Solid verbal communication skills and strong administrative skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in functional testing and creating test scenarios that map to business & technical requirements
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience . Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH LOCCAR
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176369