Assistant Portfolio Manager
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an Assistant Portfolio Manager who gets a buzz out of making sure our portfolios deliver what we promise to our clients.
We want someone who can work alongside our Portfolio Managers. You'll have the desire and curiosity to learn their job as well as your own. And you'll do it by getting to grips with the analysis, checks and balances that keep our clients' portfolios in great shape.
You'll be busy, hands-on and can-do. Learning your way around the foundations of investment. Tuning in to clients' needs. And keeping Portfolio Managers informed and up to date.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
We're part of Cazenove Capital, the Schroders team that manages wealth for our clients - individuals, family groups and charities.
We're often the first part of the business that new clients get to know. So we build strong relationships with them and provide the best possible experience. And we work closely together to make this happen, swapping ideas and sharing information.
We're open to flexible working, so we can all balance our personal and professional commitments.
What you'll do
• Support Portfolio Managers and Directors to manage clients' portfolios in line with clients' investment wishes, our rules and the regulations
• Be a point of contact for clients, answering their questions, setting up meetings, building trust, and keeping a record of their enquiries
• Assist Portfolio Managers with portfolio investment recommendations and, with their approval, carry out any changes to underlying securities or funds
• Help with assessing portfolio suitability and performance, and preparing proposals
• Carry out trades in client portfolios in line with instructions and investment recommendations
• Check clients' transaction statements, monitor outstanding deals and report any errors
• Keep colleagues informed about clients' portfolios, reporting any changes, queries or problems
• Take part in Fund Manager meetings and internal investment meetings to share information and insights on business development, market knowledge and projects
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Good IT skills, especially with the Microsoft Office suite
• An interest in the fund management industry
• An interest in equity markets and company reporting
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience in financial processes and systems
• The Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) or equivalent
• A degree-level qualification
What you'll be like
• A really good communicator - great at listening, being clear and giving reassurance
• A good number cruncher
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• A real attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible, curious and willing to learn
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.