Assistant Pricing Manager, Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Assistant Pricing Manager, OfficerCore Duties:
Leadership and Management
- Lead and motivate staff
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Agree objectives for staff annually; monitor and appraise their performance providing regular formal and informal feedback
- Assist with the recruitment of new staffManagement of Service Delivery
- Monitor and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of processes, system and procedures initiating remedial action as necessary
- Monitor errors and potential losses/breaches; complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/training needs are identified and relevant remediation/training is completed
- Ensure that all team members follow procedures and complete checklists
- Monitor the service from internal groups and feed into the relevant forums for COE's.
- Ensure that KPI measures (where applicable) are achieved on a monthly basis and if the KPI is not green then initiate action to resolve
- Monitor absence levels and ensure absence management procedures are followedManage Relationships / Communication
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior staff both within State Street and with clients & external parties
- Hold regular team meetings and 1:1s to ensure regular communication with staff. Communicate effectively with clients, COE's, third parties and colleagues
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given
Self-Management / Personal Development
- Manage own time and activities effectively (delegating where required) setting an example through good housekeeping and time management
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business
- Actively participate in the objectives and appraisal processes by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development to ensure own effectiveness in a changing business context.
Pricing Specific Duties:
Management of Service Delivery
- Manage the daily production of prices performing final checks to ensure accuracy
- Plan and manage all team deliverables with effective utilisation of resource with the support of the Pricing Manager
- Identify issues and problems in the service delivery and take remedial action, keeping the Pricing Manager informed
- Provide daily / weekly MI to AVP which clearly identifies the progress of the team
- Attend regular meetings with the COE's to maintain service levels and resolve issues
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries within agreed timescalesManage Relationships / Communication
- Act as a focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments in COE's and external contacts such as custodians, trustees, investment managers, auditors etc, providing technical expertise on the service provided
- Participate in Service Reviews and adhoc client meetings
- Strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate or professional qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA, IMC, IOC).
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organisational skills.
- Prior experience in managing a team of 2 - 3 people, ideally in Financial Services industry.
- Understanding and managing change within an operational group.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of hands-on involvement in a Client Service Team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in line with wider internal groups.
- Detail orientated - ability to review client deliverables to a high quality standard.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, for discussion and communication at all level.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent people skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure of multiple assignments, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Recruitment will run from 05/09/2018 - 04/10/2018