With a reputation for being a stable and well-run global investment management organisation with a strong heritage/history and track record of delivering excellent returns, this established brand name is now looking to add an Assistant Regulatory Reporting Manager to its business. Due to an internal promotion, a requirement in their London office has now come up. While candidates should bring at least 2 years of regulatory reporting experience, they will also be able to receive further training and development to grow their skills and take on new tasks (so candidates don't need to have covered everything in the job description).
- Either a Part-Qualified, Finalist-level or Fully-Qualified candidate (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 2 years regulatory reporting experience from a financial services environment
- Experience of working within areas of prudential regulation, including an understanding of capital and liquidity regulation & reporting
- Some working knowledge of the FCA’s CASS Handbook
- Ability to take on new information with the ambition to develop and learn new skills within the Regulatory Reporting space
- Support the preparation of key prudential regulatory documentation, and ensure that regulatory submissions are made on time and to a high standard.
- Deputise for the Regulatory Reporting Manager as required.
- Raise awareness across the group of regulatory change and develop the group’s response.
- Facilitate the relationship with the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of the annual Group Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (‘ICAAP’) document, Group Recovery & Resolution Plan and Group Pillar 3 disclosure document.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly Group and regulated entity-level calculations and forecasts of own funds and own funds requirements.
- Manage the regulatory reporting timetable for all regulatory returns for submission to the regulator. Ensure all staff within the group are aware of their own ownership of returns due.
- Oversee the review of regulatory capital and liquidity returns for consistency and accuracy across the Group
- Ensure compliance with the Financial Services Compensation Scheme ‘Single customer view & Exclusions view’ and PRA ‘Depositor protection’ rules.
- Together with the Regulatory Reporting Manager review, and assess implications of, complex UK and European legislation and ensure that all new rules and changes to existing processes and procedures for prudential regulation and reporting are incorporated correctly and in a practical manner. Summarise changes in legislation for Board and staff purposes.
- Help to develop training to Board and staff as required
- Deputise for the Regulatory Reporting Manager specifically with regards to the working relationship with the Prudential Regulation Authority, ensuring that any requests for information are actioned quickly and correctly.
- Assist the Regulatory Reporting Manager with supporting the SMF18 with responsibility for CASS by ensuring professional standards within the company with regards to Client Assets and Client Money are implemented, followed and monitored correctly.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day management of CASS compliance, including advising on CASS breaches, ownership of CASS policies, manuals & resolution packs, liaison with auditors, writing & delivery of CASS training, updating CASS risk assessments.
- Ad hoc assistance on projects within Finance department.