- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Jun 18
Assistant Relationship Manager (External Asset Manager) # 114509
To support the EAM Relationship Managers with EAM and Client related tasks as well as Platform tasks.
- Client on-boarding pack preparations, (opening currently performed by team specialist).
- EAM first point of contact for daily tasks and other ad-hoc requests from EAMs.
- Support EAM RMs in organising and coordinating tasks in connection with EAM client service.
- Ad-hoc requests relating to EAMs and platform.
- Account maintenance- changes to client details in systems, etc.
- Ownership of correct and timely handling of formalities, ensuring high quality and escalation of issues.
- Client files archiving.
- Payments initiation, transfer of assets, closures (and call-backs) as well as credit applications.
- Assist with periodic reviews relating to EAMs and clients.
- Remediation tasks- FATCA, AEI, MIFID, etc.
- Record keeping for EAM RMs.
- Project support- testing, working groups, SME.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- You should demonstrate interest in financial markets and daily market movements.
- Solid focus on compliance, deep understanding of AML and demonstrated risk awareness.
- An understanding of banking and services (e.g. lending, trading and settlement process, corporate actions et.) would be beneficial.
- Effective communication skills and positive personal impact.
- Over time, able to build a network internally and externally, to interpret EAM needs and propose solutions to support growth of assets.
- Ability to anticipate risk and to react/raise appropriately.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive analysis on broad range of topics when required; independent thinking and investigation are important skills.
- Be able to collaborate effectively and enthusiastically across the team and collaborate with the broader platform.
- Considers alternative views and understands the need to collaborate to achieve ultimate goals.
- Solid client focus but also has the ability to say no to EAMs when required.
- Good level of knowledge in regular software (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.).
- High level of understanding of the policies and procedures relating to clients and as it relates to the Private Bank in London and the EAM business.
- Detailed understanding of the UK Regulatory environment and adherence to relevant Policies and Procedures.