Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Corporate Technology is responsible for the operation, development and support of all applications across all areas of the business.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Work alongside the Senior Asset Manager and Head of Infrastructure Control:
- Support the execution of the ITAM strategy across EMEA whilst working alongside the International Securities business to ensure successful asset acquisition and continued compliance thus mitigating compliance and end of life risk
- Manage asset support and maintenance contract renewals across integrated EMEA environment for both entities.
- Manage and monitor asset licence compliance. Remediating and escalating any deviations in licence compliance to mitigate risk to MUFG.
- Support the execution of ITAM governance across the integrated environment, mitigating risk to the business. Support and partner Senior Asset Manager and relevant control functions in defining new policies and procedures covering all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for building strong relationships across Bank and Securities functions.
- Ensure compliance to policies, standards and procedures for IT Infrastructure.
- Contribute to ITAM policy, procedure and standards.
- Contribute to the delivery of related programs of change from an Asset Management perspective.
- Support the Senior Asset Manager defining and delivering IT Asset Management strategy in EMEA.
- Working with Senior Asset Manager and Head of Infrastructure Control to produce ITAM roadmaps and standards.
- Ensure maintenance and support contact renewals are appropriate and have been reviewed by the SME, ensuring compliance and achieving the most cost effective solution for the bank.
- Asset recording, tracking and rationalization throughout their onsite lifecycle.
- Manage all tasks/service requests through relevant request management system.
- Identify and perform ITAM key controls. Documenting policy and procedure and ensure processes are in adherence to governance framework.
- Co-ordinate all processes underpinning compliance and control requirements, such as compliance reports and management information around End of Life Assets.
- Co-ordinate forums such as Software Compliance, engagement with Service Management functions to ensure assets are appropriately managed.
- Establish and manage asset requirements. Develop End-of-Life (EOL) processes and work with Technology stakeholders.
- Produce regular reporting on Licence compliance to be discussed at an Infrastructure Management level.
- Review asset terms and conditions with MSA & EULA.
- Identify costs savings and cost avoidance opportunities.
- Through management of software licence compliance, identify licence deficits and plan/implement remedial actions.
- Build and maintain constructive working relationships with Procurement, Service Desk, Application Owners, End Users and Vendors.
- Review and update asset policy and procedure when as required.
- Identify and implement new tracking, trending and reporting processes.
- Participate and manage service reviews with suppliers to ensure service levels are adhered to.
- Ensure that the team operates in a controlled manner in accordance with standards and procedures whilst adhering to all related security and compliance procedures
- Support disaster recovery exercises, ensuring new services are documented and deployed with BCP/DR in mind
- Support new applications/projects as and when released to the business.
- Escalate potential service issues to the Management
- Proven experience in hardware and software asset and licence management
- Able to provide examples of optimisation from previous roles
- Has used Snow for asset management
- Extensive knowledge of licensing terms and metrics
- Able to identity improvements and new processes to increase the ITAM maturity
- Confident with licences metrics for Tier 1 vendors such as IBM, Oracle and Microsoft
- Experienced in understanding contracts and terms
- Experience of procurement systems and raising necessary purchases
- Experience of working alongside network, server, database, desktop; asset management and storage functions.
- Work with other technical teams and stakeholders to provide end to end ITAM capabilities
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues as they apply to Infrastructure and the wider Technology Department.
- Financial Services experience.
- Working with Procurement tools (such as Oracle Financials or Concur)
Education / Qualifications:
- ITAM Certification such as CSAM
- ITIL Foundation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage constructive conflict effectively
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships across the bank
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability, focused on business outcomes
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Conscientious, methodical and logical approach to work
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.