We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
EMEA Internal Audit Office (EIAO), as the Bank’s third Line of Defence, and in accordance with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards (IIA Standards), provides independent assurance to the Board and Executive Management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the Bank’s objectives.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for an Audit Manager to join our IT audit team within the EMEA Internal Audit function. Audit Managers are responsible for planning, executing and delivering audit engagements assigned to them by the Chief Auditor and Heads of Audit. In addition they perform a key role in our issue follow-up and ongoing monitoring programmes.
- Supporting the planning of audits by the Heads of Audit and Audit Directors and assist the Heads of Audit with their respective portfolios, risk universe sections, risk assessments and audit plans.
- Assisting with strategy and approach papers for entities and risks within their Head of Audit’s portfolio, as directed.
- To have, or to develop, specialist areas of subject matter expertise. These areas will be agreed by the Heads of Audit based on the team’s skills assessment matrix.
- Deliver continuous monitoring assignments for agreed entities under the supervision of Audit Directors.
- Maintain constructive relationships with stakeholders so that audit planning and delivery is achieved smoothly and professionally.
- Deliver audit engagements to the required methodology standard.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Senior Audit Manager and Audit Director during and at the end of each engagement.
- Support the implementation of best practice throughout the team by maintaining a strong understanding of the audit methodology.
- Display strong appreciation of risk and control in banking.
- Coordinate Management Action Plans directly with stakeholders. This may involve the testing of remediated controls and closure of issue.
- Assist the Head of Audit in preparing third party submissions for the Chief Auditor.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit & Credit Exam colleagues regionally and globally.
- From time to time, may also be required to take a team role in non-‘BAU’ initiatives e.g. a working group.
- Experience of working in an IT Audit function within the Wholesale/Investment Banking Sector, or similar Big-4 experience with relevant industry exposure;
- Excellent technology audit knowledge and demonstrable understanding of key risks and corresponding audit techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of leading complex IT audits.
- Experience of working in a 1st line technology role.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Relevant technology and industry qualifications e.g. CIA, CISA, CISSP
Education / Qualifications:
- Higher education or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.