We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
Credit Strategy Group in Risk Management Office for EMEA is responsible for developing, maintaining, communicating and enforcing the EMEA Regional Credit Policy and related risk management framework. Supporting and leading initiatives for enhancement of portfolio credit risk management in EMEA region, including developing and implementing reporting/analytical tools and methodologies that enable proactive credit risk management of the credit portfolio in EMEA. Reporting and monitoring Credit Risk exposures and credit related Risk Appetite metrics on a monthly and ad-hoc basis. This function includes EMEA Country Risk team.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Assist the Head of Credit Risk Control Oversight team in the delivery of a) strategic oversight and b) the ongoing oversight, of the risks and control environment of the end to end credit risk management of the firm in the region.
- Assist the Head of Credit Risk Controls Oversight to deliver a strategic view on the Risk and Control environment of the End to End Credit Risk Management across the First and Second Line of Defence.
- Assist the management of the governance framework of the risk and controls environment of the End to End Credit Risk Management across the First and Second Line of Defense.
- Assist the oversight of the Risk and Controls in the credit risk management area which is maintained in OpenPages.
- Perform thematic reviews of the Risk and Control Assessment after the completion of the third party Risk and Control Assessment project (eg. Review new parameters not covered by the upcoming first Risk and Control Assessment by the third party, extend the review of items of the third party Risk and Control Assessment etc).
- Perform period (eg. Annually) reviews of the processes of the Credit Function.
- Assist the Credit Risk Control Oversight team in monitoring and escalation of related controls/processes, exceptions including those identified through controls operated by the First and Second Line functions and challenge their remediation.
- Previous experience of working in the risk and controls oversight function.
- Previous experience of working in the credit risk management area.
- Previous experience with the use of OpenPages.
- Previous experience of working in the branch of the third country financial institution.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Excellent and proven organisational skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound administration skills, ability to multi-task effectively and to work on own initiative with minimum supervision, ability to be proactive, team player, organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to prioritise without direction.
- Flexible and positive attitude.
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- Operational risk management (risk and controls self-assessment).
- Credit risk management (understanding on the end to end credit process).
- Previous experience with the use of OpenPages
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A creative and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including OpenPages.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements