We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Main Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to assist with Financial Accounting, Control and Head Office Reporting under JGAAP, USGAAP and IFRS for MUFG Bank (Europe) N.V. and peripheral finance tasks across other MUFG entities.
- The role should also act as a primary liaison and reporting function between the Financial Accounting Office in Head Office and the various Finance departments across EMEA.
- Financial reporting on behalf of the EMEA subsidiary (MUFG Bank (Europe) N.V).
- Completion of JGAAP, USGAAP & IFRS Term End Reporting ensuring complete, accurate and timely preparation, review and submission within prescribed deadlines to Head Office and other relevant internal and external bodies.
- Preparation and Review of certain daily, monthly and term end reports as specified and as required per internal daily control monitoring requirements and as per Head Office reporting schedule, ensuring reports are prepared accurately and timely in accordance with Bank's reporting requirements.
- Analysis of balances presented, looking at market and business factors to explain movements.
- Lead and support ad hoc Finance Projects arising from changes in reporting requirements, system developments or introduction of new products and processes.
- Strategic process improvement to ensure continuous development in automation and efficiency of reporting function.
- Provide a liaison point between the Financial Accounting Office in Head Office and the Finance Departments within EMEA.
- Co-ordinate finance-related projects both within the Finance Department and in collaboration with other departments and Divisions both regionally and globally.
- Observe accounting and tax developments in the EMEA region and provide regular updates to Head Office and local management.
- Assist with the Group audit and liaise with external auditors to resolve queries.
- Carry out SOX testing and ensure control framework is adhered to.
- Relevant experience of working within a global/international financial services organisation.
University Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) preferred.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel is essential for the role.
- MS Word, PowerPoint and Access skills are beneficial.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
Integrity and Responsibility
- Balance Risk with Opportunity
- Customer Focus
- Demonstrate Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
- Drive For Results
- Collaborate and Build Partnerships
- Communicate Effectively and Professionally
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
- Influence and Inspire Others
- Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
- Think Strategically
- Manage and Develop Talent
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the job holder. The job holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count.
We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements