We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
The Operational Risk Department is part of the firm’s Risk Management function and provides second line Operational Risk oversight for the firm’s front office and support / control functions.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role requires the applicant to provide assistance to the Operational Risk Management team for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Fraud Risk Management framework.
The role sits in the Operational Risk Management team and offers the candidate exposure to firm wide Fraud risk management policies & processes and requires flexibility to support initiatives and BAU tasks performed by the wider Operational Risk team.
The role will supporting the head of Fraud Framework in developing, implementing, embedding and oversight of the fraud framework at MUFG in EMEA
The role requires the applicant within the Operational Risk Management team to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Fraud Risk Framework
- Assist in the Fraud Framework training and awareness to First Line and Second Lines teams and across EMEA offices
- Assist in the development and delivery of Fraud Risk policies, processes and controls
- Provide assistance with review and challenge to ensure the wider effective identification and management of Fraud risk and control weaknesses by the First Line & Second Line business and support functions and the EMEA offices
- Provide assistance with the independent assessment, monitoring and reporting of MUFG’s Fraud Risk profile.
- Experience of working on / good understanding of the design and implementation of Fraud risk framework and Operational Risk governance reporting within a banking environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Excel (data manipulation), PowerPoint
- Operational Risk Management experience (2nd line of defence).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Experience in the design, and delivery of both Operational Risk & Fraud Risk Management frameworks
- Experience in the design, and delivery of Operational Risk Management reports
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Excel (data manipulation), PowerPoint (clear, concise reporting)
- Understanding of banking products and front-to-back processes.
- Experience of Fraud Risk oversight and insight into the fraud regulation across multiple jurisdictions and challenges faced in the financial services industry
- Wide banking knowledge
Education / Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level
- Operational Risk or equivalent qualification desirable
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate with business stakeholders
- Clear and concise written and oral communication
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time management and ability to prioritise
- Strong problem solving skills.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements