We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of Department/Section
IT Risk, Security & Control department covers cyber security strategy maintenance and tactical planning and operations to provide IT Security protection, governance, risk management and reporting. This includes promoting Head Office Information Security Standards and Procedures (ISSP) requirements and local security requirements. The department supports and monitors security solutions such as virus protection, vulnerability management, compliance monitoring and threat/incident management activities to reduce risk.
Main Purpose of the role
The Cybersecurity Technical resource is responsible for management and delivery on large, strategic and complex cybersecurity projects. The role manages the execution of project/product cybersecurity elements across cross-portfolio programs and services. Executions include working with multiple security, IT and other leadership / stakeholders and a variety of security, IT and engineering technical resources to identify, plan and deliver cybersecurity initiatives. Deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- To support the delivery of cyber projects within agreed scope, cost and timescale.
- To implement technical solutions across the Cyber security platform.
- To manage and work independently or as part of a team in delivering complex projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for cybersecurity technical project delivery across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you. Key responsibilities include but, but not limited to:
- Interprete cybersecurity relevant regulatory and other requirements or best practices and translate these to business aligned cybersecurity programme requirements.
- Manage the delivery of cybersecurity projects within agreed scope, cost and timescale across Bank and Securities.
- Support of the delivery of the cyber portion of allocated Cross Portfolio projects including implementation of cyber projects
The technical resource will be responsible for support and execution of the following deliverables as required: business requirements, technical design and architecture, engagement with other infrastructure teams
- Experience in working on multiple projects with broad scope, ambiguity, and high degree of difficulty
- Experience in technology projects such as implementation of Cyber infrastructure replacement etc.
- Demonstrable proficiency in a wide range of information IT security technologies and embedded security; at the minimum knowledge must cover key cybersecurity domains such as Identity and Access Management, Incident Management Posessing high level of analytical ability where problems are typically unusual and difficult
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of cybersecurity principles and elements
- Understand global program structure, launch plan and timing, and global program ownership
- Demonstrable experience of senior stakeholder management and relevant management reporting.
- Ability to coach team members through knowledge transfer and constructive feedback
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of IT security principles and controls
- Proven understanding of current best practise approach to security assurance and the application of security frameworks
- Operational knowledge of Windows; Linux; operating systems is required, including experience with Windows Active Directory and Unix/Linux system administration
- Experience in project and development methodologies covering; architecture,design, project implementation and risk assessment.
- Wide-ranging security knowledge of technologies and architectures across several of the following environments: Web,Email, Desktop, Server,Anti Virus /Malware
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills
- Planning and prioritising multiple project work streams in response to rapidly developing and changing portfolios.
- Turning business problems into optimal technical security designs, aligning user needs with systems requirements and organisational goals.
- Broad experience in computer and network systems, including IT security
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions and recommendations with limited data
- Solid analytical/problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems
Education / Qualifications
- Degree educated and / or equivalent experience.
- You are a leader and an expert in delivery of cyberframeworks and associated key solutions
- A demonstrable passion for cybersecurity
- Excellent communication/leadership/interpersonal skills; results driven and with strong sense of accountability
- You are experienced in engaging and persuading teams to accept and participate in best-in-class security architecture and operations
- Data driven, ability to analyze data needed to effectively measure progress against the execution of objectives
- You successfully convey technical information in an understandable way that generates results
- A troubleshooter who proactively removes roadblocks and pursues solutions to problems that stand in the way
- You value and develop trusted relationships at every operational level
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work; Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent presentation skills and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.