We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
This role sits in our Change Management Group which is responsible for managing Change projects and solutions from the initiation stage through to implementation. The department is focused on delivering business outcomes and benefits across cross-functional, cross-asset and multi-entity basis. In addition the department is responsible for:
Working closely with all stakeholders to ensure strategic change is fully embedded and integrated into the firm. Proactively identifying solutions, for example review of operating models, process optimisation, or identification of technology to deliver future benefits. The department comprises seasoned professionals with subject matter expertise spanning Finance, Front Office, Operations, Risk and Technology supported by Project Management capability.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provide Project Management & Project Support to projects and workstreams within the Front Office Programme reporting into the Head of FO Change or respective Programme manager. Strong communication and interpersonal skills is a must, and the candidate must have a well organised structured approach to managing large projects and working with senior stakeholders.
- Project Manage small projects or lead workstreams within programmes throughout the project lifecycle across FO Change for Bank and Securities.
- Drive, co-ordinate and facilitate delivery of project work and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Supports day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Works closely with relevant business and technology stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Understands project budgeting; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Compiles project status reports to stakeholders, including steering committees & working groups
- Managing the full project lifecycle from initiation to closeout.
- Identifying & managing inter-dependencies with other projects.
- Identifies resources and assign responsibilities.
- Engage with third party vendors on project delivery and build partnerships.
- Lead project workstream working groups and workshops and prepare respective materials
- Coordinating project implementation "Go-Lives".
- Maintain Project Management Office (PMO) for respective Programmes / Projects / Workstream
- Update key project artefacts including project plan, status reports, RAID log, task lists, action logs.
- Compile key meeting minutes and follow up on actions
- Work with stakeholders across workstreams including the FO, Technology and Support divisions.
- Work on project financials and continuously update status updates (via Project Management tool)
- Provide support to the Programme Manager and escalate issues / provide solution options where appropriate.
- 2-5 years investment banking experience or Management consultancy within financial institutions
- Good understanding financial products across different asset classes and good understanding of the trade lifecycle.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Good understanding of FI / IB Operating model with some FO / product knowledge.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Good understanding of Change Management and PDLC;
- Good planning and prioritization skills;
- Good communications skills (across stakeholders) and be able to present options;
- Good understanding of Project Management methodologies i.e. Waterfall, Agile
Education / Qualifications:
- Project Management qualifications i.e. Prince2, PMI.
- Use of MS Project
- Use of MS Visio
- Use of JIRA
- Good communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage workloads and tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements