Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
“Optimisation Office” is a newly created team within our Operations Office for EMEA (EOO) focusing on optimising our network through digital innovation and standardisation. The team will review processing and offering to propose an efficient business model to seek opportunity to utilize digital technology such as robotics process automation (RPA) and standardization.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- This position is a Senior Business Analyst role for RPA implementation promotion in EMEA. You will be required to specify detailed requirements and specify RFP opportunities in EMEA, evaluate the effectiveness and prioritize specified RPA opportunities. You will be required strong business knowledge in banking business.
- In addition to contributing to planning as a Business Analyst, you will be required to execute business analysis for the internal RPA development, analyse and produce business analysis related documents for RPA development such as ‘AS-IS flow’ and ‘TO-BE use case’. You will liaise with RPA developers and RPA team members in IT, business users, specify business requirements and processes to automate by RPA solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting business analysis of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
- Interact daily with all areas of the MUFG business
- Running workshops with business SMEs to understand the end to end process and specify the processes to automate by RPA solutions
- Analyse effectiveness and prioritize the specified RPA opportunities
- Presenting summary of findings to the business and educate through the ‘TO-BE’ use case diagram of the automated process
- Work closely with Technology development team to ensure requirements are accurately mapped and suitable for development.
- Significant work experience in RPA implementation projects as a BA
- Significant work experience of banking business
- Work experience in business analysis
- Previous experience as a Lead Business Analyst
- Experience working on system implementation projects
- Experience of using robotic tools such as Kapow, A.A. Blue Prism and Pega
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Extensive business analysis skills for RPA development
- Excellent business knowledge in banking business
- Excellent knowledge in our source systems and environment
- Experience in scrum master
- Project management skills
- RPA development skills s
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree educated in computer science
- Master’s degree educated in computer science
- Strong IT skills
- Communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
MANAGING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.