Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Working as a Senior ServiceNow Engineer in the ServiceNow Team within the Service Management Department be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the ServiceNow product set, having responsibility for its development and for the operational delivery of the service. Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the service delivery to the organisation meet the necessary levels of governance and quality by adhering to the underpinning policy and procedures for the product.
- Responsible for the day to day technical management of the ServiceNow Product suite.
- Act as the central point of contact for all ServiceNow enhancement and integrations requests.
- Responsible for translating business requirements into ServiceNow technical solutions optimizing automation and integration.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the ServiceNow Platform and Modules within the team and technical escalation point for junior staff.
- Responsible for ensuring all ServiceNow enhancements and integrations align to out-of-the-box best practice and maintain a high Health Scan score.
- Responsible for providing technical governance, guidance and approval of changes submitted for review.
- Responsible for ensuring that the platform remains in a supported version by raising the relevant requests for funding and project approval in a timely manner for management consideration and submission.
- Ensure that the overall support structure for ServiceNow is sufficient to meet the operational requirements for the delivery of the product set.
- Responsible for creating and delivering the technical roadmaps that align to current and future business strategic plans.
- Work with the relevant process owners to ensure a smooth transition of all future process automations and integrations.
- Responsible for ensuring the latest enhancements provided as part of the platform releases are utilized by identifying improvements and enhancements with the product that will deliver measurable cost savings for the organisation
- Identify any opportunities for enhancements to other products that the platform can provide based on cost savings, efficiency improvements or simplification by automation and /or streamlining
- Responsible for all audit and IT Security requirements (EMEA and Tokyo Head Office requirements)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation including Policy, Process, Procedures and supporting detailed technical reference material.
- Ensure all relevant training materials and guides are available for the tool.
- Industry experience managing ServiceNow instances, including planning, development, deployments and upgrades from project inception to conceptual and full design to service transition.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- ServiceNow Admin Certified as a minimum. Advanced ServiceNow certifications preferred.
- ITIL Foundation as minimum.
- Cobit Governance experience preferred.
- Agile Development experience
- Process development and documentation experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and must be able to document and articulate to others key issues in the infrastructure arena.
- Able to drive problem resolution through the appropriate escalation channels.
- Able to confidently participate in white board type design and review sessions.
- Able to evaluate and understand new products within the team’s scope.
- A team player, approachable and flexible but also able to work independently.
- Contribute to building a culture of a service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything undertaken.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree Educated (preferably Computer Science or similar) and/or similar work experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.