- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Validus Risk Management
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
The Associate role sits within the advisory desk at Validus which is responsible for delivering our financial risk consultancy service to clients. We are looking for confident, analytical and articulate individuals with the ability to build relationships with senior decision makers (portfolio managers, board members, CFOs). This is an ideal role for someone looking to further develop their career in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
The associate will be responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering analysis, presentations and written work to our client base of sophisticated financial market investors.
- Managing and developing relationships with a small number of high value clients receiving the Validus retainer service which includes:
- Strategic consultancy services
- Trade execution
- Counterparty onboarding with investment banks
- Technology platform
- Supervision of all aspects of retainer service delivery to ensure quality of output, for example checking the work of Analysts to ensure a high attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-7 years professional experience within management consultancy, investment banking or Private Equity / Hedge Funds.
- Relevant undergraduate degree + post graduate qualification e.g. MBA, CFA, Masters in Finance, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, CAIA, etc
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with an extremely high attention to detail
- Understanding of risk management in financial markets
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to Bloomberg
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-working environment
- Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds
- Exposure to trade execution of OTC derivatives
- Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure
- Regulatory experience
- Time management/ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines
- Management and development of junior team members
- Track record of business development
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Validus Risk Management is an independent market risk advisory firm specialising in the management of currency, interest rate and commodity price risk.
We work with funds to design and implement strategies and processes to measure, manage and monitor financial risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology.
The Validus Risk Management advisory service gives our clients access to the latest risk management technology and independent expertise at a fraction of the cost of an in-house financial risk management function. Validus works with a range of companies across the globe, from SMEs to multinational corporations, as well as pension funds and leading alternative investments funds (Private Equity, Secondaries, Private Debt, Real Estate) with combined AUM in excess of $2tn. Validus arranges and advises on over $100bn in hedging transactions annually.